My "white trash" 79 - I love it!

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by cycledick, Sep 16, 2008.

1. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

And here is a picture of Sarah (on the monitor) being viewed by another member here who shall remain nameless.......
    [​IMG]

2. rancheromeister

rancheromeister In Overdrive

Ditto on the wheels being Westerns, if they're not Rocket Vectrons, which were the 'General Lee' wheels.:cool:JD

3. Giska1

Giska1 In Maximum Overdrive

Looking nice cycledikc, and I was groing up when a lot of my friends had 750 Hondas, I drove a 74 350 Yamaha and a 72 750 watercooled Suzuki myself until I bought my Harley in 1982. Had the same one since then, but have done a major custom job on it. It was an electra glide.

I think its the same wheels that i have on baby blue and on the 74 there are more spokes. I dont know what they are either.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      92.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2008
  4. Giska1

and here is the 74, well its sold but havent gotten the money yet.

Attached Files:

5. trikar

trikar In Maximum Overdrive

Giska1's

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. cycledick

cycledick In Second Gear

:D:D:D OMG, Al. If I had to aspire to something, Al is not so bad. Better than that other guy. (should I mention my collection of flannel shirts?)

This is what came up on Google when I searched for "rocket vectron rims"

[​IMG]

Close, but not an exact match.

The rims are very close to Giska1's. (btw, nice harley. Gotta love spokes) I think the rims on "blue" look like the American Vector and the other ones look like the Western Turbines. Mine kinda look like the Vectors, but a little different. The only distinguishing thing I can find on the rims is the fact that the fake "knock offs" attach to the outside of the rim with five little screws (with five threaded holes in the rim itself between the lug nuts). I've seen a lot of center caps that have the fake knock off on them, but they all have a piece that mounts behind the wheel, pokes through the hole, then the knock off part attaches to that. I haven't been able to find anything like what I have. Maybe mine are cheap knock-offs? (pun intended)

7. Lovinmy74

Lovinmy74 In Maximum Overdrive

Nice ride and welcome. (beware of Sean and FF) I couldn't tell you what kind of wheels those are but I like em. (They are insane, ask the others)

8. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

I love those rims. The bee's knees for that model year.

9. *RD*

*RD* In Maximum Overdrive

LOL we used to sell those things at advance auto parts, which is where I work part time. Nice 79, and welcome to the site.
    Dave

Attached Files:

10. cycledick

cycledick In Second Gear

Anyone ever heard of Appliance Wheels?

So, I came across this item on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VINT...090427200QQitemZ360090427200#ebayphotohosting

and the attachment points of the center caps match the ones that came on my rims.

I can't find too much info on Appliance Wheels, other than they were "generic" wheels made overseas during the 60s and 70s, that they are no longer made, and they had some magazine ads that had chicks with big cans.

Anyone ever heard of Appliance Wheels or have any more info?

11. TestDummy

No, but pictures of those ads would be mighty appreciated.;)

12. Giska1

I've heard of the Appliance wheels, remember some of my friends had some on their amcars in the early 80's. But no nothing about them.:confused:
    The fake knock off's on the white one is just one bolt sitting in the middle off the thing and one nut welded inside the wheel cap so you cak take them off without taking off the wheel. has to use locktite i think :rolleyes:

13. 78Squire400M

78Squire400M In Overdrive

Here you go, Sean, an ad from 1979:
    [​IMG]

14. cycledick

cycledick In Second Gear

My rims are definitly Appliance Wheels. I guess that means some hunting needs to happen for center caps.

No offense to any of the ladies...but big 1970s boobies are awesome. Nice :D

[​IMG]

15. cycledick

cycledick In Second Gear

Not as good, but not bad.

[​IMG]

16. HuevosRanchero

HuevosRanchero In Maximum Overdrive

wow!! my kind of "appliance" shopping!! :D

17. Lovinmy74

Lovinmy74 In Maximum Overdrive

I have to agree. Those are some nice appliances!

18. kimo

kimo In First Gear

Nice, Ihave one with the same trim in a 2-tone. Really like the rims on her.

19. TestDummy

Very nice, until you consider that those puppy's are now on a lady pushing 50,....and that they are now pushing downward........

20. HarryRanchero

HarryRanchero In Third Gear

I worked for Appliance Wheel Company and they are...

... Called the "Turbo Vec". It was atarted in 1976. I worked for Keystone and Appliance Wheel Co.'s in the early 80's. If you take a wheel off the car, and look at the backside near the inner edge, you will find cast "info" there. It should say something like... WR Grace 1976, or Appliance Wheel Co., or Dynamark.

In any case, if you want more info contact me directly. By the way, I have several sets I have aquired lately and re-stored. People ask me where I got them and what they are called all the time.