New guy from Oregon

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Center' started by Mark Wiggins, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Mark Wiggins

Mark Wiggins In Second Gear

The holy grail lol guess what's missing besides the lenses. Someone must have pilfered those parts over the years.

2. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Well, the lenses come off the backing because the glue they used back then aged. I've had to reglue both of Babe's lenses, and one still attempted to come off after I glued it.

Mark Wiggins likes this.
  3. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER SILVER MEMBER

Mark i have this 77 for parts cheap , look and see if anything you need / BLINKERS ARE GONE SORRY , SO ARE THE MIRRORS
    https://ocala.craigslist.org/pts/6706542873.html

Mark Wiggins likes this.
  4. PonyExpressRider

PonyExpressRider In Maximum Overdrive

The key to posting pictures is that they have to be less then 1MB, jpeg seems to work best... I use Publisher, but any editing software will work...

Mark Wiggins likes this.
  5. Mark Wiggins

Thanks for the info, I only use my phone I don't even have a computer anymore lol. Maybe I will try it on the wife's laptop

6. Mark Wiggins

So today I was going to try and drive it but found out that the brakes don't work. No leaks and the master cylinder is full but the pedal goes to the floor and won't pump up. Ordered a new master cylinder. Then while it was idling the bypass hose blew and made a lovely mess. Went ahead and changed all the hoses. Looks like this project will keep me busy for a while
    Mark

7. Mark Wiggins

Ranchero.jpg
    Here she is

PonyExpressRider likes this.
  8. handy_andy_cv64

Looks like one I nearly got back in '08, when my boss moved the shop; the location we moved to had a Ranchero in back that the customer more or less abandoned, so it ended up getting impounded. I was sooooo bummed.

Mark Wiggins likes this.
  9. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

10. Mark Wiggins

11. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

They might not even be the right ones, but there just aren't enough Rancheros with wires & spinners on the road!

Kiwirancher and Mark Wiggins like this.
  12. Mark Wiggins

Ok the weirdest thing happened. I put the new master cylinder on and the brakes work fine, I tried driving it and it wouldn't move. When I checked the transmission fluid it was empty. Before I even bid on it I checked and it was full and looked clean. 4 quarts added now it drives but still is not showing on the stick. No leaks that I can see, I need to pick up more fluid used all I had.
    Mark

13. handy_andy_cv64

They topped it off before it went through the auction. I had a customer who burned up a trans because it leaked off, immediately took it for a trip to Eastern WA after the purchase. My guess was a leak at the cooler lines or on the pan itself. But her brother did check the trans before she bid on it, and it was full at that time.

Mark Wiggins likes this.
  14. Mark Wiggins

It was a trucking company auction that sold out. I talked to the owner he said the car was his and had been sitting for over 10 years. Anything's possible but I see no leaks. There were no keys so the auction co didn't mess with it either
    Mark

15. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

The tranny was likely filled when not running.
    Once started the fluid all pumped into the convertor, then the pump ran dry.
    Trannys hold a lot of fluid.

Mark Wiggins likes this.
  16. Saff54

Saff54 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Welcome!

Mark Wiggins likes this.
  17. Jeff B.

Jeff B. In Third Gear GOLD MEMBER

The way I resize pics using my iPhone is to send the image I want to use to myself via email. I select medium size before sending, then save the emailed image for use as the uploaded image to this site.

Mark Wiggins likes this.
  18. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive Unubtanium Member

Welcome in lots of good information in here all you have to do is type, and occasionally put on a seat belt and have a since of humor.

Mark Wiggins likes this.