New Guy in MN

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Vash, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Vash

Vash In First Gear

Hey everyone, just wanted to stop in and say hi! I'm in MN with a fresh 6 inches of snow on the ground. Really looking forward to another warm up! I went to school for both auto service and also for auto body and collision repair (at the top of my class!) , though, at this time I have done nothing with either. So, hopefully I can help out with some questions from time to time.

I am a car hoarder.. First off let me say a little bit about my Ranchero, it is a '78 500 model. It has been through several of my family members to end up with me. Poor thing hasn't been driven in about 10 years I would guess. I have not even seen it in several years now either (that is going to change on May 3rd) Last time I saw it it was partially stripped for some kind of a restoration attempt. I was told it has a newer drivetrain in it, but I dont know what from. My plan is to get it back on the road and then start working on the body and of course some modifications. I have a low mile 302 from a mid 90s F150 in the garage that should help at least get it back onto the road. I will add some more info on it once I actually get to look at it next month. I do remember it having a fiberglass cap on the back of it as well.

But, like I mentioned, I am a car hoarder so the Ranchero is just one of many. I will admit I am not a huge fan of older cars. So this will be a bit of a change for me. Right now I am daily driving my stock 99 Explorer Sport and my '02 Cougar with lots of stuff done to it (3L swap, headers, torque biasing diff, tune, full cat back, euro suspension, and lots more). Some of my other cars include a '97 Contour SVT clone, '00 Sable with lots of things done to it (yes, I may be crazy), '04 Volvo S60R, '92 Ranger STX, and a '77 Dodge Ramcharger. I will include some pics of them. The Ranchero and the Ramcharger I will grab some pics next month when I see them for the first time in years.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think that is enough to get the point across. I don't leave my vehicles alone for very long. Anyway I hope to have a good long stay here just as with other forums! Thanks for taking the time to read my mini-book!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  2. Rancherous

Rancherous Administrator Staff Member

Welcome you have quite the Stable of cars there, post the Ranchero when you get a chance. Welcome to the Forum.

3. pdw72

pdw72 In Maximum Overdrive

Where you at in MN?

4. Vash

Vash In First Gear

I am in Paynesville

5. pdw72

pdw72 In Maximum Overdrive

Welcome, I am in Stewartville, just south of Rochester, SE corner.

6. Vash

Vash In First Gear

Thanks! I am excited to go and check out this new project. If memory serves correctly though, I believe the floor pans are pretty well rotten. And the core support too. I think for the most part the rest of the body is solid. I have no idea about frame or suspension, one air shock leaks.. I will have to make myself a list of important things to gather in the mean time.