New here, looks like fun!

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Center' started by mchook, Nov 24, 2019.

1. mchook

mchook In First Gear

Hi guys, my name is Mark and I've been around antique cars all my life. As a kid my parents went to just about every car show & swap meet they could buying & selling stuff. They're not doing it anymore, their getting up there in age "80s" but we all still love old cars & everything about them. My parents daily driver is an old 1979 Ranchero that they go everywhere in & they love it. It's going to need some work soon and I'm hoping I can get some help here when I need it. Thanks in advance because I'll probably drive everyone crazy with questions.

Mark

68 charger parts 00063.jpg Captured 2012-11-26 00087.jpg

HuevosRanchero likes this.
  2. Rods N Restos

Rods N Restos In Fourth Gear

Welcome Mark,
    Have you ever posted on other forums or maybe Facebook groups that Ranchero and your parents dressed as Santa and Mrs. Claus?

That photo and Ranchero looks familiar to me.
    I have a Facebook group for
    Torino,Gran Torino & Ranchero since 2013 and was on another forum for Gran Torino/Ranchero in 2009-13 so have seen thousands of photos over the years of 72-79 Gran Torino/Rancheros and seems I've seen this photo before

3. Rods N Restos

BTW please ask ANY questions,there are no stupid questions,just stupid answers, but there are many of us with alot of experience or Professionals like myself that have restored classic cars and have experience with 77-79 Ranchero.

I myself have not and mainly have my experience with 72-76 Gran Torino/Ranchero as those are years I prefer.
    Some stuff crosses over as the 77-79 Ranchero was built on the 77-79 Ford LTD II platform which was formerly the 76 Gran Torino/Ranchero but Ford ended the Gran Torino at 76 model but Ranchero continued for 3 more years with body based off the LTD II sheet metal.
    Much of the dash is the same as 72-76 and uses the same windshield.
    Suspension design is pretty much the same but some parts upgraded and unique to the later years .
    I had a 79 Cougar XR7 with Windsor and FMX which is the Mercury Cousin of the LTD II so have some experience with the 77-79 but it was my daily driver from 93-99 so it was basic maintaince like oil change,spark plugs & wires cause it was in good shape when I bought it
    Screenshot_20191124-125057_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20191124-125113_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20191124-125104_Gallery.jpg

Your in the right place to find the answers you seek

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
  4. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Welcome to the forums! I also have a '79 GT, although Babe has seen better days. Your parents certainly have great taste in unusual cars!

5. PonyExpressRider

PonyExpressRider In Overdrive

Welcome to the club... drive us crazy with questions... wait until you get the answers! LOL!!!

But even with all the craziness, they never steered me wrong!

6. Rods N Restos

7. Saff54

Saff54 In Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Welcome to the site mark,lots of knowledge here

8. mchook

mchook In First Gear

Thanks guys!
    My mother is always posting stuff on facebook so I'm not surprised that you saw it before. I don't know if she's part of any Ranchero groups but maybe.

9. mchook

mchook In First Gear

Thanks to everyone for welcoming me into your group!

colnago likes this.