New meat grinder

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by beerbelly, Apr 26, 2022.

1. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I've been grinding with an old Enterprise hand grinder for a few years on the small batches of sausage I make. Today I ground 6 lbs. of pork shoulder, worked up a good sweat, and my arm turned into a noodle!

20220426_143042.jpg

Time to upgrade & modernize. I just won a bid for a small commercial grade meat grinder on ebay. All stainless, with metal gears and roller bearings, an LEM Big Bite #5:

iu.jpeg

T16592 likes this.
  2. pmrphil

pmrphil In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Always talkin' about your sausage o_O:rolleyes: and yer pork :eek::oops:
    should I ask why you have a regulator where you grind your meat???
    Sorry, it's been that kind of day :confused:

3. beerbelly

Just sayin', that's where all the magic happens in the Man Cave...including the cat boxes...:rolleyes:

20220426_150937.jpg 20220426_151433.jpg

pmrphil likes this.
  4. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I'd love to find a commercial meat grinder. I've made brisket ground beef for burgers, bulk sausage for turkey stuffing, and even though it's powered, the damned grinder I have access to is just not powerful enough for my taste. My friends borrowed a stand mixer with a grinder attachment, and it could barely get the job done.

5. plumcolr

plumcolr In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Brisket burgers sound great. As for the meat grinder, been thru one a them a time or two.

6. RANCHEROROB

RANCHEROROB In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Gee Beerbelly, your workbench and workshop is very neat and tidy. mine runs the full length of the garage wall and it's stacked to the rafters.
    The last time it got completely cleared off was the 1994 Earthquake. :D

7. beerbelly

My garage bench is the same way; I just use the house bench for glamour shots.

20211124_122359.jpg

As Is '66, Lincolnut and T16592 like this.
  8. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

Someone "borrowed" Ann`s Daddy`s grinder, it was her Garandaddy`s before that...
    We have found it...
    NOW we`re trying to get it back into the family...
    Yeah, it`s one of them Heavy ones from Waay Back,
    Dennis

We do alotta grinding with one we bought to fit her Kitchenaid Mixer = It works, BUT, It`s Plastic

9. beerbelly

The sleazy eBay-er sent me an older discontinued model, not the new improved model he listed. New ones are .35 hp with a 5 year warranty, this one was the old .25 hp & 2 year spec. The box had old torn off shipping stickers on it, and had been opened & re-taped shut. He claimed it was a mistake, but then offered me $75 off if I'd keep it. F**k you, send me my refund. I reported him to eBay and they sent me a call tag and label.

20220429_114629.jpg 20220429_115248.jpg

10. Jeff B

Jeff B In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

This "bait and switch" nonsense is ramping up on ePay and Amazon. Ordered a new electric toothbrush on Amazon at full retail price and it arrived in a proper Amazon shipping box but the product box looked like it was used for a football and the product was damaged. F'ers knew it was in rough shape when they shipped it. To Amazon's credit, I was refunded right away but I really have to think twice before I order stuff online anymore.

11. beerbelly

Before I buy anything online, I usually read reviews on Amazon since there are usually many, and some with photos. Your issue with Amazon purchases is VERY common, so much so that I never buy from them anymore. They often appear to be reselling returned items.

12. T16592

T16592 In Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

I have had the same experiences too. How about seeing a nice tap and die set in a hardwood box . But what shows up is a bunch of cheap paper boxes taped together. Now I am going to swap meets again.