New member and Ranchero owner

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Center' started by Minotaur, May 31, 2020.

1. Minotaur

Minotaur In Second Gear

Hello all, purchased a '63 Ranchero just before all this virus stuff started, still haven't been able to register or plate it.
    Been looking for info and resources online and discovered this wonderful forum.
    From what I've seen as a lurker for a few weeks, there's a ton of knowledge and helpful advice here, very happy to have joined.
    [​IMG]

Chigger1 likes this.
  2. Saff54

Saff54 In Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Welcome minotaur,this is a great site,lots of good knowledgeable folks here to help you along,always welcome pics,hows the condition of your 63?

Minotaur likes this.
  3. Minotaur

Minotaur In Second Gear

It's actually really good mechanically, the body is fair, lots of repair panels and painted in a matte black to hide imperfections. It also has a grill and front bumper from a '62, but the VIN shows as a '63.
    Has a 170 with the 3spd non synchro first which I'm adjusting to, a bit embarrassing in parking lots sometimes when I shift down to first while rolling
    I'll see if I can resize some pics to upload... 20200411_143310.png 20200509_200034.png

Attached Files:

beerbelly likes this.
  4. PonyExpressRider

PonyExpressRider In Maximum Overdrive

Welcome to the gang... this group walked me through my restoration. You will be in good hands.

Minotaur likes this.
  5. 64Chero

64Chero In Second Gear

Might want to practice your double-clutching back into first gear. It will work even with a non-synchro. Just shift to neutral, release the clutch, blip the throttle, and then quickly shift into first gear. With a little practice you'll be surprised how well you can do it. Even look like a truck driver!! Good luck with your new ride.

Minotaur likes this.