New Members ( Introduce Yourself)

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Center' started by Rancherous, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Rancherous

Rancherous Administrator Staff Member

Hey guys notice we are getting a lot of new users. This is where you can introduce yourself and tell us what you have [​IMG]

FISHMOUTH1972 likes this.
  2. Pam's Red 66

Pam's Red 66 Guest

Hi, although I have posted a little here, I havn't really introduced myself. I am the only one in my family who can even operate a wrench. A real tomboy in a family of pencil pushers.
    I grew up Ford (grandfather, father). My first car was a 1955 Ford 2door, great learning experiance including Campbells soup cans and wire to make an exhaust pipe and old license plates to make a floor. Other cars and trucks I have owned range from my 1936 Chevrolet Standard (first gm model to have hydralic brakes) to F100, F150, F250. Crown Vic, Comet and a varied assortment that I would buy cheap, get running, detail and sell to have spending $. Right now I have an 89 Bronco and my 66 Ranchero (both red). I build my own engines too. Actually, I will do anything to my vehicles except auto transmissions.
    I hope I can eventually add some of my experiances to the great knowledge already here.
    Pam
    [​IMG]

Fed4ever and grumpy like this.
  3. 70GTDave

70GTDave Guest

PAM: Both look real good, (Bronco and you) but where is the RAnchero?
    Dave

4. Dwight

Dwight Guest

Hi..My name is Dwight and I am building a 66 Ranchero up for my 17 year old son. I have rebuilt the 200 six and installed a t-5 in place of the old three speed. Am currently doing rust repairs...had a major rust problem at the back of the cab and under the access plate in the bed.I have also installed Granada discs and a power brake booster.Attached image is "before" shot..hope it comes through. [​IMG]

[ November 23, 2004, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: Dwight ]

5. notn

notn Guest

Well then let me introduce myself, I am fairly new. My name is Neal and am 54, I live in North Powder, Or. It is a small community in North Eastern Oregon on I-84. I have been a car and motorcycle nut since I can remember. I have only had 3 cars I would call "hot rods" in my past, a 1955 orange merc 2 door montery, a "66" Baracuda and a "77" cheve short wheelbase rootbeer brown van with a nicly built 350. I raced bikes for many years until I wrecked a 400 husky and broke my neck in "74". I have designed and help build a wheelchair accessable 650 Yamaha which I played with for a couple years. Also owned and car chiefed a mustang mini stock my son drove on the local dirt track. I have always been intrigued by the Ranchero and using the money from selling my dirt car earlier this summer I bought a 1970 ranchero (standard model with a gt hood and flames). From a scale of 1-10 (1 being a total rust bucket and 10 being primo) it is about a 5. I have lots of work to do to make it my last hot rod ( plans on www.notn.org ). This will be my first attempt at body work. I am a c 6/7 quad spinal cord injury and I plan on doing as much of the work as I can my self but do have a lot of helping hands when time allow them to so will be a long project.
    notn

PonyExpressRider likes this.
  6. Ranchero'66

Ranchero'66 Guest

Hi I'm Brian and I just got a 66 Ranchero to restore. I also have a 2003 F150 Supercrew I am constantly doing stuff to and I show it from time to time. I hope to get the Ranchero to that kind of shape in about 3 years. [​IMG]

7. djp221

djp221 Guest

Hi, Dan here. My Ranchero is a 74 that I'm hoping to bracket race at Woodburn, Oregon next spring. Rebuilt 429 includes: 11:1 Speed Pro forged pistons, Lunati bracket master cam, rotating assembly balanced, Edelbrock gear drive (I like the whining sound!), Stealth intake, C8V-EE heads, Hooker Super Competition headers, TCI 3000 stall converter, C-6 and 9" posi. The desktop dyno estimates about 450 hp @5500. I bought the car from the original owner in California, drove it 500 miles home and took the motor out. The car is perfectly straight but the clear is faded away and the vinyl roof has surface rust under it, which is my next project.

8. NJ2000R

NJ2000R Guest

Hi, great site! I just bought a 67 XL 390/4-speed, A/C, PS, PB calif Ranchero (pics in the pics thread) This one brings me 1 step closer towards my goal of owning all of the 66-67 Fairlane body styles, as it joins my 66 500 hard top and 66 squire wagon - all I need now is a GT or GTA ragtop and a formal roof (I'm not counting a 4-door) to complete the collection [​IMG]

9. BattleBird

BattleBird Guest

Hi i'm Brad. I'm 21 and I will be going into the ford asset program next year. I dont have a ranchero yet, but im looking for a 1960-65, and i whant to put a 2.3T in it. There are two main resons for doing this project. (1) I dont wont to mess with smog. (2) The ranchero is the only ford that fits my needs.

I hope to have my "chero" by the end of the munth so i can get started on my monster [​IMG]

10. 70GTDave

70GTDave Guest

HAY BRAD: DID YOU CALL/LOOK AT THE RANCHERO IN THE SACRAMENTO BEE NOW (THURS). It is in the "parting out section" of the "auto care & repair. It is a '62--- $500 takes it. I know nothing about this auto and will not persue it, as I already have two of these "PROJECT" cars.
    Dave

11. 70GTDave

70GTDave Guest

HEY Brad: Welcome to our club, there are several of us in the Sacramento area. Let us know how your search is going

12. Rick H

Rick H Guest

Brad,
    I have a 64, less engine and trans. The body is not in to bad of shape. If you're interested let me know, we're in Placerville. Contact me at rlh@innercite.com
    Regards,
    Rick

13. BattleBird

BattleBird Guest

thx Dave ill call the guy in the morning its 12:18 AM now and i dont think they would like to here frome me now [​IMG]

14. 68-500

68-500 In Second Gear

Hi, my name is Jason. I'm 25 years old and I have a '68 500. I've owned it for about 4 months, and originally bought it to haul my dirt bikes around. It was that or a beat up Ranger!
    We all know how projects take on a life of their own, so now I'm restoring it. It's currently red on red, but will soon be white on blue.
    I also own a '67 Shelby mustang replica. It has 17" Cobra R rims, 351W (360-370hp), Tremec 5-speed with 3.5 rear gears. I bought the mustang when I was 14. Everybody on this site seems to be as helpful as possible, which is great. I plan on making some posts in the future. Take care.

15. ncranchero

ncranchero In Fourth Gear

Welcome Jason. Wise choice of rides you've made there! :D :D

16. Rancherous

Rancherous Administrator Staff Member

A shelby styled Chero would definitely be awesome. Welcome

17. ezbrown

ezbrown In Second Gear

Hi everybody,
    My name is Eric and I have a 1969 Ranchero that I have been working on for on and off for the last 5 years. I've had the suspension and drive train completly rebuilt with a 1980 Lincoln Versailles 9" disc brake rearend swap and 1978 Ford Granada from disc swap. She's not painted yet but I am hoping to get that done within the next couple of months.

I am glad to find this site I had been looking for a Ranchero site for quite a while.

Toms59ranchero likes this.
  18. 70GTDave

70GTDave Guest

Mustang/Ranchero hum Would that be a Mustang Ranch? It would have to have Nevada plates on it!
    Dave

19. 68-500

68-500 In Second Gear

Dave,

I agree, a Shelby 'chero would look killer. Who knows, I just may be the idiot it takes to see it through!
    The '67 has WA plates, because that's where I'm from. The '68 Ranchero has CA plates, only because it's smog exempt. That's a can of worms I didn't want to deal with.
    I've "heard" of the Mustang Ranch, but have never been. HONEST!!

Jason

20. ezbrown

ezbrown In Second Gear

Is this a Mustang Ranch That Dave was talking about?
    [​IMG]