New Members ( Introduce Yourself)

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Center' started by Rancherous, Oct 25, 2004.

1. burninbush

burninbush In Maximum Overdrive

Unless it's the sort of car that you believe might be worth a lot of money down the road -- otherwise, matching numbers won't make it worth a dollar more when you sell it. You can always put in a 302 and keep the original block -- leave your options open.

2. CodyClassics

CodyClassics In First Gear

Hi, My name is Cody I have a 1972 Ranchero Gt name Big Blue. Recently rebuilt it. It has a 429 V8, C6 Trans (3/1), 9inch rear axle with positraction, and awesome new interior. This site has helped me out a lot down the rode and hope to get more info about Rancheros.

3. brc

brc In Fourth Gear

Meeting

Not sure where you are located in So. Ca. but we are having a Ranchero meeting/get together weekend of June 8th or June 9th in Irvine Ca.
    You are welcomed to join us if you would like to.
    If interested, go to the Ranchero meeting thread and read about it.
    Hope you can make it.

4. caper58

caper58 In Second Gear

Joined in 2011 but wasn't able to post until today..... anyway my name's Roy and I am rebuilding my 1960 Ranchero which was the first car I ever had.

I found a copy of the old registration a few years back and had a friend with the DMV check to see if it was still in the system. It was and I was able to buy it back so I'm doing everything now to it I wanted to in 1968 that I didn't have the money for.

I will post pictures as development occurs and I look forward to the interaction.
    Roy

5. Mike67ranchero.gt!

Mike67ranchero.gt! In First Gear

Just Joined

Hi,
    I'm Mike. I am 19 years old. I have 2 1967 Ranchero's the first I got in 7th grade it is a base model it had a 200 in it for the engine. The second one I got when I was a freshman in high school it is a gt car. It has the stock 390 with gt heads. I started to restore the first one then I found the Gt and began working on it. right now it is completely stripped and on a rotisery. I am in the middle of sand blasting. So far I have done all the work with the help of my dad.

6. parts4me

parts4me In Maximum Overdrive

Hey man! I am located in Lincoln, NE. Right next door! I have a 1978 ranchero, my avatar. Glad to see another Nebraskan on here. I'm 20 years old and got mine a while ago. Welcome to the site!

7. Rockdodger

Rockdodger In Third Gear

Welcome

Great to see all the new members. You young fellows assure us that our love affair with Rancheros will continue long after we're gone.

8. The New Guy

The New Guy In First Gear

Hello, I'm James. I have a 1970 Ranchero GT with a 351C

9. parts4me

Welcome! If yours is the one in your avatar you have one nice ride there. Post up some pics and don't be afraid to ask any questions on here. That's what we are here for!

10. mrliscum

mrliscum In First Gear

New "Ranch" Owner and New Member

Hey Guys.

My name is Mike. I am a new member to this Ranchero site. In fact, I am new to the Ranchero. I didn't know too much about the Ranchero before one was given to me for father's day.
    I'm from Alliston, Ontario, Canada and I'm hoping to start the Ranchero craze north of the border...lol.
    I have not seen a lot of Rancheros or Falcons for that matter, on the streets in Ontario.

I own a 1963 Ford Ranchero

170 Cubic Inch inline 6
    110 HP Special Six
    3 Speed Manual Shift
    3.50:1 non locking differential

Bought this car at an auction in California.
    Had it shipped to Buffalo and picked it up and trailered it home to Alliston, Ontario, Canada.

Car was solid with mainly surface rust however, the windshield had a bad leak and the floor rotted away.

I am currently restoring the car but giving it a more "personal" touch and not going for the "original" look.

The "Ranch" was built on December 18th, 1962 in San Jose, California. It was the 31,443th car built there. It was originally Corinthian White with a light beige crush vinyl and medium beige Steerhead Vinyl.

It was last running in 1982 and I brought it home and put a new Distributor on it with some new gas and she started up with no issues. The engine is 50 years old and runs like new.

I have attached a few photos of my progress so far.
    Hope to chat with some of you soon.

Mike

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      86.2 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      63.5 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      74.1 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      80 KB
      Views:
    • 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      85.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2013
  11. parts4me

Glad to see an oldie on the site, and an owner that knows the info about it. Engine looks clean and those wheels and rims are awesome:D
    Welcome to out site!

12. Fordguy

Fordguy In First Gear

I am confused where is my postings? :eek:

13. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

14. Lulu2

Lulu2 In Third Gear

Welcome Mike. Looks like its coming along nicely. Love the wheel/hubcap/tire combo. :cool:

15. Kev250R

Kev250R In Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Welcome Mike from another owner of an early 'Chero! Mine's a '60 but mine is also Corinthian white with brown interior and was built in San Jose. Keep posting pics, it looks like you've got a great build on your hands!

Kevin

16. mrliscum

mrliscum In First Gear

Thanks Kevin. It's a slow process but I'm working at it. I just got the driver's side floor today. Should be welding it very soon. Do you have any pics posted on your Ranchero? I haven't seen too many older ones on this site.

Mike

17. Kev250R

Mike,

I haven't posted any pics for a while but here's a couple of my 'Chero. It's basically all original, has been in my wife's family since 1961.

Kevin

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. mrliscum

mrliscum In First Gear

Very nice Ranchero, Kevin. So that is what mine should look like?...haha.
    That's also very cool that it has been in the family since it was new.

Mike

19. Kev250R

Mike,
    Thanks for the kind words, I consider myself more the care taker of my car until the next generation in my wife's family (either my stepdaughter or Nephew) is ready to take it over. We have a lot of fun with it though, although the family member who owned it before us let it sit for about ten years so I've had some work to do in order to get it to where I want it to be (still have more work to do). It's a fun car though, despite how stock it is it still gets a lot of comments when I take it out.

Kevin

20. mrliscum

mrliscum In First Gear

Kevin,

I hope that when I get my Ranchero done I will be able to give it to my son when he turns 16...I have 13 years to get it finished...haha.

Currently, I am trying to track down the original owner of the vehicle. I don't know why. Maybe I'm thinking he might be interested to see what his old car is up to. I found the original registration in the glove box.

Mike