New Members ( Introduce Yourself)

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Center' started by Rancherous, Oct 25, 2004.

1. WOLF

WOLF In First Gear

Hello , Thanks for the membership . I have a 1978 Ranchero GT 400cui .

I am seriously looking for a replacement steering column shift collar bowl for a tilt- column steering column , mine needs replacement. I can find fixed column units but not tilt -column . I would apreciate help to locate this replacement part .

Thanks ,
    Wolf

2. WOLF

WOLF In First Gear

Hello ,
    Thanks for the membership , my name is Wolf. I have a 1978 Ranchero GT 400cui .
    I am looking for a replacement SHIFT COLLAR BOWL for an automatic tilt steering column. I have been able to find a collar for a fixed column but that will not work . I need a tilt column shift collar bowl for year 1978 . I would greatly appreciate any help in finding this part.
    Thanks

3. Cindy

Cindy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I don't have a tilt column, but there are a few eBay sellers that specialize in parts for these cars. If you go on Ebay try searching with additional phrases like "vintage Ford" because you may not get the column popping up right away, but you can investigate the sellers and their "other items". you can also email the sellers and I have found that they are very helpful in locating parts, even if they themselves do not have it. Just my two little cents. And hi Wolf,nice to meet ya, I'm Cindy. :)

4. WOLF

WOLF In First Gear

Hello Cindy , Nice to meet you too :) .
    Thanks for the reply. I have been searching ebay as well and have found fixed column Shift Collars for 78 and a tilt-column unit for 70-72. I have spoken to a shop called " Dennis Carpenter" that was helpful with cross fit part numbers and such . I am still looking for the part. It seems the tilt column was a rare option for my vehicle and the previous original owner tells me it was factory . I will keep looking for about a week and then decide on if I will install a B&M #80680 floor shift kit so that I can drive my baby again or look for an entire replacement steering column instead. I will keep you posted on what happens . I will also post pics soon . Thanks !

Cindy likes this.
  5. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

I think 72 thru 79 tilt columns are using the same shifter cup. T-Bird and Cougar use the same column if you go junkyarding. same for Torino, Elite, and Montegos of the same years.
    Try ( http://www.greensalescompany.com )

6. WOLF

WOLF In First Gear

Hillbilly, thanks for your response and information .

7. Mike

Mike In Overdrive

Hi Wolf, welcome to the forum. Best of luck with your search. To learn how to post pictures, please click the link in my signature.

8. Peter bedrisian

Peter bedrisian In First Gear

Hello all. I haven't introduced my self yet but my name is Peter and I'm from Florida. I was gifted a 1977 Ranchero form my grandfather and I absolutely love it. I haven't been much into cars but since owning this one, I've wanted to do all the work myself. Since I'm still new to all this, the one thing I ask is that every one bears with my questions. Thanks!

Attached Files:

ou8jaime and Cindy like this.
  9. Cindy

Awesome, good luck, i hope you get your baby back on the road! Tell us about him or her, I wanna see pics too, even if he/she isn't running!

10. Cindy

Hi,Peter! Heh, so far they haven't booted me out for any of MY stupid questions, so I'm thinking you may be safe, lol....

11. Mike

Mike In Overdrive

Here is the same full size image, but posted in a much more convenient way:

[​IMG]

As I mentioned in the post directly above yours, to properly embed an image in a post, please click the link in my signature.

Welcome Peter.

HuevosRanchero likes this.
  12. Steve 74gtQ

Steve 74gtQ In Overdrive

Sharp looking ride

13. LSChero

LSChero In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Nice Squire!Welcome all new members.

14. parts4me

parts4me In Maximum Overdrive

Woah, never really cared for the squire package. BUT DAMN.

15. ccain

ccain In Third Gear GOLD MEMBER

Nice Squire! That thing is like "surgical" clean! Welcome, Peter!

16. Tygr1

Tygr1 In Fourth Gear SILVER MEMBER

Welcome Chas! I live right down the road from you, just off highway 16. Nice Chero, you should see my wreck.

17. Blu

Blu In First Gear

Hi everyone! I'm located in Peoria IL, and if all goes well I'm picking up my first Ranchero on Saturday. It's the '74 GT in the avatar. I'm just here to pick through the forums for technical support for now. Plan on doing some body work and a decent paintjob next year, she'll be a daily driver so nothing special.

Blu

18. Steve 74gtQ

Steve 74gtQ In Overdrive

Congratulations on your new project
    Anougher one saved from the crusher

19. Cindy

Hi Blu! She'll be special even if she IS a daily driver. Thats how i think of my Cochise, i mean dang, he is almost as old as me and he moves a heck of a lot quicker. LOL

20. LoganTV

LoganTV In First Gear

Hey All,
    I'm Logan from the Seattle area. Picked up this 79 Ranchero 500 a few months back and is a daily driver. Pretty typical rust issues, but nothing too bad. Biggest problem I need to tackle [especially in the North West] is that the windshields don't have a perfect seal and we've got some water issues [I keep it covered]. First big project is replacing the old, busted seatbelts with some new ones I picked up from Retrobelts. This is the first time I've "restored" a car, so prepare to laugh hysterically with/at me.

B3391996-A7F0-446C-B679-638847C55C8C.jpg

JimmyMac, Cindy and HuevosRanchero like this.