New Members ( Introduce Yourself)

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Center' started by Rancherous, Oct 25, 2004.

1. atomicdog

atomicdog In First Gear

Hello,

I just bought a 67'. I plan on doing a restomod, but I've never been much of a car guy so I'll have lots of questions.

r4.jpg r8.jpg

--John

Cindy likes this.
  2. Cindy

Cindy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

You're in the right place.

3. kal

kal In Third Gear

Welcome to the site

4. Pookieja

Pookieja In Second Gear

Hi to all....I have a 1967 ranchero fairlane 500 xl..ive owned red for 5 yrs. and have only driven her to a couple of shows.. ive noticed the brakes locking up when I just do touch the peddle..can some one direct me to the correct place to work this out.. I want to stay with all stock as much as possible..thanks again.

5. cbolt

cbolt In Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Welcome to the site! To me it sounds like a little condensation worked its way into the calipers. Wait, disk brakes, right?

6. T16592

T16592 In Fourth Gear PLATINUM MEMBER

Welcome :) A good starting point with a ‘67 that looks like it comes from a hot and dry climate. Where about did it live before you bought it ? And thise buckets look interesting, did the seller tell you what they came out of ?

7. T16592

T16592 In Fourth Gear PLATINUM MEMBER

‘Cbolt’ asked a good question if you have front disk brakes. We would assume it’s stock and not a 4 wheel disc conversion.
    Also, which wheels are locking up ? Fronts or rears or just one side, etc.
    With a little more info, There’s a lot of people on this site with good info that can help you :)

8. Pookieja

Pookieja In Second Gear

Thanks for the reply. Dam good question on which breaks are locking up. In my mind im pretty positive it's the front brakes. I have all drums all around.
    There is also a proportioning valve set up on inner left fender. I didn't realize that 1 was required if there were all drums.
    I was thinking of separating master cylinder and booster to possibly see if rod was extended to long but I have not done that yet.

9. atomicdog

atomicdog In First Gear

I don't know were it came from, it has some rusted through spots that I'll need to repair though. It's been in SoCal for 4 or 5 years at least (previous two owners lived in chula vista, CA).
    IIRC, the guy I bought it from said the previous owner put in seats from a Taurus.

10. PonyExpressRider

PonyExpressRider In Overdrive

Here is what the manual shows.

Attached Files:

11. Tee Jay

Tee Jay In First Gear

Good day all. I go by TJ and I've recently purchased a 65 Ranchero project car and will need tons of advice on it. First time owning anything like it. It has a Mustang II front end under it already but I'd like to know things like what parts for a Falcon and what years are interchangeable with it along with what year Rancheros parts are interchangeable with it. No engine or tranny at the moment. I'm hoping the fine people on this site can let me know or steer me in the right direction. Thanks ahead of time.

12. Jeff B

Jeff B In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

Welcome TJ. Good luck with your build.

13. PonyExpressRider

PonyExpressRider In Overdrive

Welcome TJ... you have a pretty wide range of compatibility for the 65, since it is based on the Falcon frame/body style. But you will also find that some of the Comet and Mustang will also be compatible. My assembly diagrams usually lists station wagons and Ranchero's together. Dearborne's catalogs also split the Ranchero out with the station wagons.

I used Dearborne classics (MAC's/Ecklers), CJPony, and NPD (mustang/cougar) for a majority of my parts in my build. But I was going for period/date code correct. If you are doing a resto-mod, there is plenty of knowledge here to help you make everything work.

14. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Welcome TJ. I highly recommend falconparts.com for the early Falcon/Ranchero parts. Lots of good stuff there, as well as Mac's, N.P.D., Dennis Carpenter, Auto Krafters and even RockAuto.

PonyExpressRider likes this.
  15. MikeStieve

MikeStieve In First Gear

Hi everyone. Mike here. Restoring a 1968 Candy Apple red 390 four speed car. Also have a 68 parts car that I will soon be listing parts.

16. kal

kal In Third Gear

Welcome to the site

MikeStieve likes this.
  17. Mike Flea

Mike Flea In First Gear

Afternoon all, Mike from Illinois here. I don't have a Ranchero yet, still looking

18. Deeno

Deeno In First Gear

hello everyone,

I got a ranchero again. first one was a 68 I had in San Diego. i had to let that one go. now I'm in west Florida and finally got my hands on a 72. these things awsome.

glad to be a part of the group

-Deeno

Attached Files:

19. Jeff B

Jeff B In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

Welcome Deeno.

20. kal

kal In Third Gear

Welcome to the site