New Members ( Introduce Yourself)

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Center' started by Rancherous, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Mark R

Mark R In First Gear

Hey guys, just joined up. I've been a Ranchero owner since 1980, still have the same vehicle, a 1967 Model.
    Looking forward to having a look around

2. LSChero

LSChero In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Welcome Mark!

3. 65restomod

65restomod In Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

Another member is always welcome!
    Good amount of information, Small amount of you know!

4. Fern LaBounty

Fern LaBounty In First Gear

Hello, I am a new Ranchero owner. My dad restored a 1957 Meteor Ranchero and when he unfortunately passed, it became mine. Have been searching out information on the Meteor Ranchero, but with less than 300 manufactured in Canada, it is a rare item. Am searching out the VIN that the vehicle is registered under, but am not getting far. VIN information says manufactured by Ford Motor Company of Canada Limited in Oakville Ontario, so very possibly could be a Meteor. All the VIN decorders spit back that vehicle is not found, or the VIN is incorrect (think the US and Canada had different VIN versions, and most decoders are from the US). I drive this beauty whenever possible and very much enjoy.
    I don't know a lot about this car, but am very interested in finding out more.

5. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the site! Sorry for your loss of your father.

I wonder if Ford of Canada customer service could be of help? In the US Ford can provide what is called a "999 report" which provided production information (Note: saw a note a while back that Ford USA is now charging a fee for the report).

6. hossito

hossito In First Gear

Hi guys new member here 72 ranchero

7. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Lotsa Fishmouths on here; you're in good company.

8. Saff54

Saff54 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Welcome,great site,how’s the condition?any pics?

9. T16592

T16592 In Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Mark,
    As a long long time Ranchero owner, you must have some really cool "Back In The Day" pictures of the you and the car.:cool: And lets see, gas was (per Google) $1.19 / gallon back then. So the ranchero's gas tank has been filled with gas from $1.19 to $4.00. Now its back closer to what it was back then.;)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    Saff54 likes this.
  10. T16592

Fern,
    Sorry to read about your Father. But you have his car and the memories will live on. I have never seen (or heard before your post) about this Meteor Ranchero. Please share some pictures.:)
    Also I can identify with inheriting your Fathers car. I have my Fathers 1965 Ford. Its not running , but one day.....

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  11. Widowmaker

Widowmaker In First Gear

Hello Fellow Ranchero owner's,
    It's nice to be here. I have owned a 61' and a 67' Ranchero. Have always regretted letting them go.

After having the widowmaker and surviving it (for now) and a couple of surgeries I sold off an OT truck.
    So as I looked at time running out I picked another Ranchero, a 1960 V8 260 conversion last year and have been slowly sorting it out.

Always looking to learn something new and share likewise, Thanks alot.

12. T16592

Welcome the forum :) where we are all working on our cars. Keeping my '65 running and using is where I get my most enjoyment. How about you , are you racer, restorer or recreational driver?

13. HappyFlappy

HappyFlappy In First Gear

Hello my name is Owen and I’m from Nebraska, I recently bought a 73 351 cj, it’s my first project car and I’m looking forward to wrenching on it. 513E8833-6E01-4AE5-A646-B788D8AB2C46.jpeg

handy_andy_cv64 and The Wrench like this.
  14. handy_andy_cv64

Welcome to the forum! My first Chero was a '74 Squire, and I think it was the color your '73 is. What color is your interior?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  15. HappyFlappy

Brown as dirt

16. handy_andy_cv64

Ah. Mine was kind of a pale pea green or something like that.

17. HappyFlappy

The 70s were a strange time for interior colors admitedly.

18. handy_andy_cv64

Some great, some wretched.

19. Kaizerbunz

Kaizerbunz In First Gear

Hey guys!

New member here from Vancouver Island BC Canada. Just scooped up a 1966 ranchero and I’m really enjoying it. I’m a vintage harley guy but figured it was time to get something actually cool to haul all my broke down bikes with.

The cars crustier underneath then it looks on the outside so the plan is to just enjoy it as is with a little mechanical and electrical tweaking!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  20. handy_andy_cv64

Nice '66! I used to live in Everett, WA up until mid-January. As long as BC doesn't use salt, you'll do pretty good against the rust. Have you filled out your Chero's profile?