New Members ( Introduce Yourself)

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Center' started by Rancherous, Oct 25, 2004.

1. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Considering Europe's closeness, not all that weird. A 1973 Ranchero in Europe, now that's weird. Cool, but weird.

2. Betty the Ranchero

Betty the Ranchero In First Gear

The expanse of Europe and States is nearly the same. From here, where i live to my Dad is nearly 1k miles. Also to geneve, switzerland. And from geneve to vienna the same
    G-A-Ch Bermuda-Triangle. lol.
    But Europe is not only Germany, Austria and Switzerland, you know..!
    Found the Ranchero while we made holiday a year ago in california. The owner wanted to press ist, so for 1,5k we bought. But shipping, customs, TAXES, german TÜV approval etc... increased the price to 8k.

3. Kiwirancher

Kiwirancher In Third Gear

Yeah , I can relate to that . My 66 cost me $14,450 usd , then $9000.00 nzd to get it here and customs cleared. A bit more for compliance inspection , warrant of fitness and rego and it added up to around $30,000 nzd legal and on the road . Still very happy with that, that was in 2015. Still being driven daily and going strong !
    Denis.

4. Betty the Ranchero

Betty the Ranchero In First Gear

:DWhat a price at all. So we were lucky. What i couldn‘t understand is that the per owner wanted to press this beauty. 6635A876-6A4F-4AE2-A6C1-A625BD1CB0AA.jpeg

As you can see the engine looks good, the best, it was completely functionally:
    65E56DB3-B785-4416-97FC-F1C29E760CE6.jpeg

Okay, we need to do a lot, but she‘s running and we can cruise with.

In the wintertime here, your summer:), we want to begin with the restoration. We‘ll keep her as original as we can do.
    New painting in that green after we did all works on the body. New fabric roof and the interior must also be completely redone. There is no interior cladding on the Top inside. you can only see sheet metal, the door sides look, nah, okay but we need to restore too.
    But will keep the winter-blues away:D

5. Ryan Rivera

Ryan Rivera In First Gear

Wuz up everyone brand new here i recently just brought a 1979 Ford Ranchero GT as a project car to do with my 7yr old son create memories. As far with Rancheros its definitely one of my top favorite muscle cars. So anyways im im starting from the bottom with this project so please any advice would greatly be accepted and appreciated im also looking for parts, as of now im needing of floor panels so any advice about that would be appreciated. Thanks

Buddy Porter likes this.
  6. Freestyle Don

Freestyle Don In Third Gear BRONZE MEMBER

Welcome Ryan!

7. LSChero

LSChero In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Welcome to the site Ryan!Search LTDII,cougar,montego and t-bird as well when looking for parts.Patch panels for floors are avalaible,not sure on full floor pans.Good luck with build!

8. EvilScientistMoose

EvilScientistMoose In Second Gear

I will not let this thread die!

(Throws a child's inflatable ring at the thread in an attempt to keep it afloat, only notices afterward that I forgot to put air in it)

Buddy Porter likes this.
  9. Leo Vargas

Leo Vargas In First Gear

Hi everyone.

Finally after looking for over a year, found a 68 Ranchero with a 302, factory disc brakes and factory a/c. 3 items very high on list. It has headers, just replaced the glass packs with some magnaflow mufflers. Braided stainless steel front brake lines. Not the original color, but a very thorough paint I think snout 20 yrs ago. Needs some tlc with minor fixes and some rattles I have to find. Sorry could not upload picture at this time.

10. handy_andy_cv64

Pics are 1MP max size, but if you are having trouble resizing them, you can send them to my email, silvertwinkiehobo@gmail.com, I'll quick resize them, send them back to you via email.

11. Joern

Joern In First Gear

Hi everybody,
    My name is Joern. I am from Germany and i buy a 1977 Ranchero 5,8 .
    The car ist restored but need work at details. Maybe i search some little parts and i hope i get help here.

Greets
    Joern
    IMG_2636.JPG IMG_2637.JPG

Lincolnut likes this.
  12. handy_andy_cv64

Hello Joern, and "wilkommen im forum." My German is far worse than your English, but we fortunately have some members from Europe, a few of them are German, so hopefully, we can help you with what you need. Your Ranchero is beautiful, I love burgundy and gold, so any photographs you can post from inside the car and the engine compartment are always appreciated.

Joern likes this.