New Members ( Introduce Yourself)

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Center' started by Rancherous, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Allen Larsen

Allen Larsen Guest

Hi my name is allen i am 15 years old love all fords i have a 1977 gt and a 1974 gt and i live in twin falls idaho.and my family owns a junk yard (lots of things to tinker with)

2. Maxoctane

Maxoctane Guest

Hi all, I just bought my first Ranchero about 3 hours ago. A 77 GT with 351M that I just bought from the original owner(!) I am no stranger to Fords however as I currently own a 98 Mustang GT, 69 Mustang coupe, 73 Mercury Marquis (the hulk), 79 TBird, 93 Explorer and just sold my 89 SHO. Anyways, great site, look forward to learning more about my Ranchero and interacting with some long time owners!

3. azcolin

azcolin In Maximum Overdrive

welcome to all the new members, nice to 'see' some new faces, and nice to see more 'late model' cheros :D :D colin

[ January 07, 2005, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: azcolin ]

4. Big Jeffrey

Big Jeffrey Guest

hi i am jeff, i am 15 and have a 1978 ranchero 500 with a 351w in it

5. bseberle

bseberle Guest

Hi, my name is Bob from Virginia Beach. I wanted a new hobby and decided to work on a car and learn as I go. I bought a 1977 Rancero 500 with a 351W/FMX from an original owner that must have kept it in a barn or something - rust free!!!!. It has been a really good learning experience. So far I have replaced all suspension components with poly, replaced the intake with a 4bbl, 600 cfm carb, new cam, timing set, water pump and repainted the block Ford Blue. Next will be dual exhausts, paint job, big fat wheels, new carpet and seat covers. I have also been thinking about replaceing the rear end gearing. Having fun. Can't wait to drive it.

6. Rancherous

Rancherous Administrator Staff Member

Welcome everybody new. Looks like 77-79s are getting saved. Good to see.

7. azcolin

azcolin In Maximum Overdrive

my thoughts too.......... way cool

8. ncranchero

ncranchero In Fourth Gear

I have a 79 1/2 that crying "save me....save me!!!" Looking to adopt an owner, hint hint!

9. Rancherous

I would be looking older than even my 73 for the next one.

10. Petey

Petey Guest

Another newby here! Just found this site and think it is great! I answer to Tennessee Hillbilly or Petey. Older than dirt& some rocks. Had wrenches in hand since I was in diapers and will probably die wrenching on a Ford. Not many Rancheros in the part of Tenn. where I live so when I found my 58 I went nuts. It's rough and needs everything but it will get saved. The wife said to sell off all the other cars I've collected so I can concentrate on doing this one right. She was right! Selling a 58 Lincoln convert, 59 Mercury Cruiser, & a 63 Plymouth Max Wedge to make room and time for the Ranchero. The 58 Ranchero is getting a 4.6, electric trans, 4 wheel anti-lock discs, ac, rack&pinion steering, and a Dakota Digital dash. The outside will remain original. Gonna' be fun! Anyone got any ideas I can use?

11. Rancherous

Yes have a lot of Money and time :D

12. Petey

Petey Guest

You gotta' be kidding, right? I seem to have a knack for spending a ton on a car and only getting about half that back when I sell it.
    Seriously, I'm selling three other nice cars to have enough green to do what I really want to my Ranchero. I'm a farmer so I really work my butt off but often have days and weeks where I can get serious about car projects. Have a good friend that has a nice body shop where the Chero' is getting the frame off bare metal treatment now. Any neat ideas just might be used if I get them before the paint goes on.
    Thanks, Tennessee Hillbilly

13. Rancherous

I think the 58s are awesome looking just the way they are. Do you have the hood scoop? Possibly lower it a bit but it has awesome lines so I would not go nuts with it.

14. Cevin71GT

Cevin71GT Guest

Hey everybody, I just posted an introduction in a separate post, but since this thread for newbies was put up I thought I'd pop in here and say hi also. My name is Cevin, I live in Texas and I own a 71 Ranchero GT that has been in my family since it was new. It has a 351 in it, and I'm still not sure if it's a Windsor or a Cleveland. Any info on an easy way to tell the two apart would be appreciated. The truck has seen better days, but it will see them again. This site is great, and I've already gotten lots of info from reading the old posts.

[​IMG]

15. Iwantmeone

Iwantmeone Guest

Hello everyone. Well as you can see by my screen name I'm planning on finding a Ranchero. Not sure how soon I've got to sell my old 91 F150 Extcab XLT 4x4 before I can really start looking. I've been thinking about what I wanted to buy to replace it. Need something to drive in the rain, mustangs too light, hydroplanes pretty bad. But just thought I'd drop by and say high. Hopefully here in a couple of months I can become a regular on the BB and tap into all this knowlege. Look forward to it.

Delos

16. Rancherous

Welcome!! Nice mustang.

17. Iwantmeone

Iwantmeone Guest

Thanks! Considering I bought it out of the local U-Pull-It on Feb 1 2003 it doesn't look too bad. It only had 68,000 miles on it and was already in a Junkyard. It had not been taken care of, but it's looking better.

Hopefully it won't be too long till I'll be posting a picture of a Ranchero instead! Wanting to find a 68 to 71. I've located a few here locally but I've got to get a water pump on the old F150 so I can get it sold.

Delos

[ January 24, 2005, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: Iwantmeone ]

18. AlbertaBoy

AlbertaBoy In First Gear

Well, I guess it's my turn to chime in on the intros......

As my screen name says, I am from Alberta, Edmonton to be more specific. It took me about 4 years (or the better part of my entire life in which I could actually drive!) but I finally found her..... a 72! It is for sure a car that has seen Canada winters..... and I have the rust to prove it. (As soon as I figure out how, I'll post some pics.)

I am very early in the resto-mod but plans include a 351W stroked to 393, an AOD, and a whole bunch of other fun stuff at I don't think I can afford!

Looking forward to get tons of help from vast knowledge available here!

19. krehmkej

krehmkej In Third Gear

Hi,
    I'm James Krehmke from Dallas, Oregon. I drive a 78 Ranchero GT that's been somewhat modified over the past 13 years. The exterior is totally black, body, bumpers, trim, everything. Bes sprayed with Rhino Lining. Lowered with custom wound springs, airbags in the rear. 1-3/8" Cougar front sway bar in poly bushings, and a 7/8" rear bar to compliment it. I rebuilt the front suspension with poly bushings.
    Engine is a 351W with GT40 aluminum heads and Edelbrock Intake Comp 268H cam. FMX trans with a shift kit (planning to change to a C6) and a 3.25 9" rear. KMC 8-spoke mage with 235/70s front and 275/60s in the rear. Inside there are 94 Cougar XR7 buckets, with matching door panels and a new instrument panel with whiteface VDO instruments. I have the engine apart now detaling it and tidying up everything under the hood.

20. Butter

Butter Guest

Got a 79 not so fine but functional.