New 'shoes' for the Ranchero

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by beerbelly, Feb 13, 2017.

1. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Good idea so to hide the lock ,If you have the name of the company that makes your wheel locks, They have a number on them you can order a few extra`s ,so not to worrie having only ONE

2. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Just pick a place to put that number so you don't lose it. I lost the number for mine, but ultimately wasn't a problem, as I sold the Bronco.

3. Bryan59EC

Bryan59EC In Overdrive

Those wheels were put on the car in August of 1965
    They are the only wheels I remember this car ever having
    As for the discs----Some kit from Scarebird that was just brackets and I had to source the small GM calipers and Toyota Previa rotors.
    Some machine work is needed for the OEM hubs, so I opted to just buy a set from Scarebird--they have longer lug studs than stock so that was a plus.
    I am more than happy with the results---no power brakes but a dual master was added (76ish Mustang II master) and with a bit of filing I used the original pushrod.

My neighbor has been after the early sixties set of TTs that I have on my flatbed trailer 14x7 with a ford/Dodge pattern.
    I've had people offer to buy the trailer just so they could get the wheels.
    I'm kinda half heartedly looking for a local wheel restorer that can restore them (Trailer and Ranchero)

4. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Too bad you're in Texas. There's a guy near my last job who restores and repairs cast wheels.