New (to me) grille

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by beerbelly, Aug 25, 2019.

1. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I was never happy with the grille that came on my car; it was pushed in & cracked in the center. But we all know the '64 & '65 grilles are like gold since they're not reproduced. I found a real cheap one locally, but it turned out to be beyond my capabilities to repair.

A decent one popped up on ebay recently, with good photos, so I bought it. Cleaned it up and repainted the blacked out areas between the horizontal bars today. Overall it's much nicer than my old one, with no dents or cracks. However, it's not as shiny as my old one. Even so, it won't need any repair if I decide to have it re-anodized or chromed in the future.

Old vs new-ish photos:

IMG_1607.JPG IMG_1608.JPG IMG_1613.JPG IMG_1614.JPG

LSChero and Jeff B like this.
  2. Kiwirancher

Kiwirancher In Third Gear

That looks really nice -- the grille on my 66 could do with a little work as well. I might see if an Aussie 67 or 68 one will fit . they look fairly similar. As you could guess the original would definitely be unobtanium [ to use a term I have learned on this site ! ] over here .
    Denis.

3. beerbelly

Denis, are your NZ cars Aussie or U.S. spec? Or NZ only?

4. colnago

colnago In Overdrive

Nice! I've got too many priorities, or I would have been bidding on it, too! The PO put a '65 grill on my '64, and I've always liked the '65 grill more.

Joseph

5. beerbelly

This thread- lee ermy.jpg

colnago likes this.
  6. colnago

colnago In Overdrive

My '64 with the '65 grill. The grill looks good from the outside, but the top surface is a bit bunged up.

You can see my '67 work horse in the background. She gets stink-o gas mileage, but she can pull a house, and never complains.

Joseph

Attached Files:

beerbelly likes this.
  7. RancheroRandy

RancheroRandy In Overdrive

Funny, I have a '64 grill on my '65 and I like the '64s better...I need to buff and repaint mine...more for the "Winter To Do" list.....

colnago likes this.
  8. Kiwirancher

Yeah , I know -- still having no luck with the picture thing. Our new computer has windows 10 and it seems easy to resize but I tried yesterday to post a couple and still couldn't. Need grandson I think ! I imported my Ranchero from Ohio so it is US but any falcons here are Aussie spec . Usually a year or two behind you too ie Aussie 68's look like my US 66. Makes finding parts locally fun but interesting.
    Denis.

beerbelly likes this.
  9. Saff54

Saff54 In Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Looks great BB!always nice to have something a little better,I would like to replace my 67grille and headlight bezels but no repos available for my year either,I was surprised when I found a repo front bumper from metal direct f0r mine,fit perfectly,now if I could just find a rear bumper and tail light bezels.....

10. pmrphil

pmrphil In Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Hey, that dresses it up nicely !! :D

11. Kiwirancher

Ranchero2+1.jpg Hi Guys -- looks like I finally figured the photo thing out ! Here is my 66 sitting on my front lawn in Gisborne , NZ. Denis
    Ranchero1+1.jpg

LSChero and beerbelly like this.
  12. beerbelly

She's a beauty Denis.

13. Kiwirancher

Thanks , I did get lucky when I bought it. I will post a few more pics now that I have figured things out.
    Denis.

14. Kiwirancher

Here's my grille - some pinstriping I had a mate do and my interior. I had a local upholsterer re-do the dash pad and I built the small console to house the guages and stereo. Engine turned the alloy myself !
    Denis. Console.jpg Dashpad 1.jpg Dashpad 2.jpg Pinstripes front.jpg Pinstripes rear.jpg

Jeff B and beerbelly like this.
  15. colnago

colnago In Overdrive

That is one sharp car!

Joseph