Newbie sayin' howdy

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by 2Stangs, Jun 22, 2012.

1. 2Stangs

2Stangs In First Gear

Howdy all, just wanted to introduce myself, name's Ben, live in Queen Creek, currently work as a software engineer for Intel, in previous lifetimes I've done everything from commercial electrical work to turning wrenches as a line tech and fabricator at a local performance shop. I've always been a straight-liner, currently daily driver a Grabber Blue '12 Mustang GT and have had a Mustang (or two or three) of one sort or another since I was 17.

I just bought this red '78 Ranchero off Craigslist, no rust, straight car, EFI 5.0L out of a Town Car, AOD, not sure where the bucket seats came from, has shaved door handles that work but I don't like and might go find some other doors w/ handles. Otherwise pretty typical AZ truck.

First steps are get it cleaned up and running right, apparently it sat for a few years but the 5.0l fired right up with some good gas and a battery, needs tires, going to throw a constant pressure valve body and bigger OD servo in the AOD, and then drive it for a while before I get silly and redo the motor with H/C/I. Heck this thing's got enough room in the engine bay I may throw a turbo at it, that would be pretty funny.

Anyway, hope to spend some more time here, and I'll be needing help getting the a/c control panel working right, sounds like it's got a vacuum leak and doesn't seem to get any power to the blower motor.

Attached Files:

2. Denny

Denny In Maximum Overdrive

Welcome, Ben. Glad to have you here.:D

3. parts4me

parts4me In Maximum Overdrive

Welcome to the site! Glad to see a fellow 78 ranchero on the site.

4. DamifIknow

DamifIknow In Second Gear

Welcome Looks like a solid car.