Nineteen cars stolen

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by handy_andy_cv64, Jun 2, 2020.

1. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I found this post on the "Unappreciated Survivors" page on FB; 19 cars stolen from a storage warehouse, so they posted the listing with VINs.

Screenshot_20200602-005349.png

For members here looking for a car, deal in buying/selling cars, please do what you can about catching these rat b*stars thieves; any thread of a lead could help catch them. My guess is someone rich, to fill out their private collection, to chop shop them to collectors/restorers for big dollars, or to ship them overseas.

2. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

If I were a betting man I would venture that those cars are already at sea in containers, never to be seen again on US soil.

R.C.Heli Pilot likes this.
  3. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

That was my first thought while reading it. If we agree, then it must be true. A few may stay here to be parted out.

4. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Someone had posted that on FB, and if you have truckers who won't question what's in a container, let alone a trailer, these cars can go to either seaboard, the Gulf Coast or South of the border, and never be seen again.

5. plumcolr

plumcolr In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Were there "protests" going on in the area? Maybe they took advantage of the cops being busy elsewhere.

6. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Speculation. These thefts have been going on for decades. I've read that the Russian mob is really tied into it, and if you don't believe it, you haven't had a car transported in the last few years.

7. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Maybe. Ever spent any time near the Mexican border with Texas ? Common to see car transport trucks going South with strange mixes of beaters and luxury rides. Then consider guys watching videos from the sand pit countrys and spotting their missing trucks still sporting their company logos but now equipped with heavy fire power and operated by insurgents. The movie, "Gone in 60 Seconds", mirrors reality in many parts of this country. My area was infamous for being a car theft capitol until the perps turned to illegal drugs for profit. Got invited to watch a 1975 MonteCarlo drive into a chop shop and 45 minutes later nothing remained on the concrete floor but dust. Yeah, I would say a professional gang targeted those 19 cars.

8. 65restomod

65restomod In Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

I'll agree' when I had my '63 disaster shipped from CA they dropped it at their yard 2 hrs away from me in MA. Went down to pick it up and was greeted by a driver who had a heavy Eastern Europe accent and all his buddy friends did too.
    A lot of the car shipper yards down there have Eastern Europe names.

TestDummy likes this.