No lounge or wacky world anymore ????

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by azcolin, Sep 9, 2015.

1. azcolin

azcolin In Maximum Overdrive

I must say I miss the 'banter' we used to have on this site over the years, :(

2. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

So do I. But the banter too often turned into religious and political name calling, and that wasn't cool. We all know when that started. Damn shame there's so much hate in the world.

ForistellFord likes this.
  3. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

Yeah
    A few guys kept making a stink about what was being discussed, so it got shut down.

4. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive

It's a more peaceful, much quieter place for the most part. Now, I have to mention the word Ranchero or the thread will get deleted. All good!

5. TestDummy

It was the mods call, so I'm good with it. Some people think it was because of others complaining, but that's not true. It does say something about their ego, though.

6. Garbageman

Garbageman In Overdrive

No more jokes or funny stories. Sad.

azcolin likes this.
  7. Clark

Clark In Maximum Overdrive

No more "general automotive" either. Too bad. This website was most helpful and I didn't think that section was controversial.

8. azcolin

So I do not own a ranchero anymore but still have an interest in them, so that really leaves not a lot to interact with here, l used to post pics of U.K. car shows with old ford etc. chatting with my old friends ect.
    l REALLY miss the banter here, didn't give a f k if somebody called me a 'queer c t' ' l liked the banter.
    It seems so few spoil it for so many,
    As l live in the U.K. now, the hurricane, earthquake, floods, etc, in the States interest me, I can watch CNN all day long but the real feedback was on this site from the people who actually live in these areas,
    There is not much to say on this site without the lounge and wacky world.....................................

9. TestDummy

I'd say without the Whacky it would be fine. Lounge was cool. For some reason, there are a few folk that need to spout off about their religious believes and political views, while cutting down those that don't agree with them. Seems to me they could take that to political and religious forums if they really need to vent their hatred. Fools :rolleyes:

10. burninbush

burninbush In Maximum Overdrive

Well -- for what it's worth, I'd like to have the site restored as it was.

There's an aspect of this that I haven't seen addressed yet: who is it that is making the board into a problem for the mods and the site owner? I can honestly say that in the years I have been here I have never once complained to any of them about something another member wrote. Not once. I'd feel like a complete pussy if I did that. So maybe what's needed is a commitment from everybody who has written to the mods to complain -- that they won't do it again. You must know who you are -- you are the people who caused this to be taken away.

ForistellFord and 210eddiep like this.
  11. azcolin

I agree, put the site back to where it was and just ban the 'other' assholes :p

ForistellFord and TestDummy like this.
  12. TestDummy

You guys have a point, but I think it's the new, and/or quiet members that have complained, not any of us, for the reason BB so eloquently described.

And BB, did you really enjoy arguing about religion or politics, knowing you'd never change anyone's viewpoint, with a couple guys that cut you down constantly? Seems a waste of time.

13. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

There's one guy that has been spreading BS with new members on the back channel, pushing them to act for him, for a long time.
    That this result was not to be expected would be more than a bit naïve.

14. 210eddiep

210eddiep In Overdrive

I agree. I thought that it was the best part of the forum. Kinda separated us from the rest of em.

15. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

16. davis

davis In Maximum Overdrive

well, i noticed that i spend half the time now on the forum without the other topics.
    first thing i do every morning is scroll down the entire list. help, read, post and learn.
    i've never complained to mods about posts, just PM'd folks who have cool parts for sale/trade.
    forums are "is what it is" in my book. you post, you may get kicked.

17. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive

It's a shame some here don't see it that way, and take it way too personally; even going so far as to claim others are doing the activities they themselves are guilty of doing. Funniest thing of all- it was one single solitary person that led to all this happening. And, he's still allowed here! Amazing.

18. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

I moved the "General Automotive Questions" and the threads into the "Ranchero" Forums. Post away your "other car" questions and discussions. It now appears below "The Stable"

19. plumcolr

plumcolr In Maximum Overdrive

I'll add that I miss the removed sections, but then, I'm not a moderator / admin, and never had to ride herd.

It should be obvious why the riding herd thing got old and tiresome, leaving them with little or no choice.

Still, enjoying the site without the more, ah, noisy bits and grateful that they keep it going.

azcolin and LSChero like this.
  20. LSChero

LSChero In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Iam sure Billy will bring back off/topic lounge thread.In the past,the funnay was brought and was entertaining.Spewed many a beverage on monitor.Last couple years nothing but one up menship,Finger pointing,and personal attacks.Gets old quick.Tends to bleed into tech.,general threads as well.Perhaps running off new members.Time will tell.