Not a Ford, but just awesome

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Jimbob, May 5, 2019.

1. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

We have two big banners hanging in the room we crash cars; one an advertisement for the 2009 Malibu and the other for the 1959 Bel Air. In the 59 ad The General actually calls the X-Frame a Safety Frame.

2. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Forgot one part of the saga there FF. The local Sherriff's wife was noted for her great cooking. Every weekend the Rogers brothers would intentionally get caught by whoever the Barney was at the time by doing burnouts or drifting their cars around the county seat square. They then ate well for a couple of days and culminated their adventure by escaping the jail by digging a hole in the ancient brick wall with their spoons. One long term patron of the jail remembered patching something like twenty holes on those walls.

Jimbob and ForistellFord like this.
  3. Hillbilly

If I wasn't so lazy FF, I'd go take a photo of the patches in the old jail's walls. Kinda' impressive in their own way. I can picture in my mind that fat ol' Sherriff snoring in his huge office chair, knowing he had saved the rest of us for yet another weekend. He had to hear those boys breaking out, especially when they fired up their cars conveniently parked right outside with the keys in them.

Jimbob likes this.
  4. Jimbob

Jimbob SITE SUPPORTER- SILVER GOLD MEMBER

Sounds like an episode from the Dukes of Hazzard!

5. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

It was, verbatim.

6. Hillbilly

Where you think the writers for "Dukes" got their script ideas ? Small town news papers used to be chock full of insane happenings that made for good screen play. Not so much today because of political correctness, don't want to offend anyone and become libel suit bait.