Now this is how you deal with a child abuser.

Discussion in 'This Whacky World' started by ribald1, Jun 11, 2012.

1. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

2. NES

NES In Second Gear

"and punched him in the head repeatedly, killing him" now that's a bad ass

3. parts4me

parts4me In Maximum Overdrive

Hm, this incident made me smile. I felt bad at first but then I let it go.

4. Denny

Denny In Maximum Overdrive

From the article: "Harmon described the dad as "very remorseful," adding that he didn't know the man was going to die."

I guess that's understandable. I don't really think I would enjoy killing someone.

However........if I was going to kill someone, that would be the kind of person I would choose.;)

5. HuskerDanInVa

HuskerDanInVa In Second Gear

Literally took matters into his own hands. The man acted as any parent would (I hope!) in a similar situation. Those kinds of stories infuriate me, I can't begin to imagine the rage that father experienced...

6. ribald1

Rage is about the size of it, I imagine in that circumstance I would beat the guy until I could no longer lift my arms and kick him until I could no longer stand.

7. NES

NES In Second Gear

You know I laughed when I read the article, and I don't at all feel bad about it, because it was the article I laughed at and not the actual situation. The actual situation was tragic for the father and the child.

You can't tell me that there wasn't a better way to write "and punched him in the head repeatedly, killing him" that didn't conjure up that kind of visual imagery. They could have said something like "A Texas father caught a man sexually assaulting his 4-year-old daughter and an ensuing altercation left the man dead." It's not the clearest way to put it, but I'm not a journalist.

8. 64ranchero289

64ranchero289 In Overdrive

Ruled a homicide and sent to a grand jury to decide if he will be charged. I think it is justifiable homicide. If any one would have messed with my kids when they were that age I may have done the same thing.

9. ribald1

It was a homicide. He should get an involuntary manslaughter conviction and probation.

10. 64ranchero289

64ranchero289 In Overdrive