Old Fords at PIR car show

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by beerbelly, Sep 5, 2018.

1. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Not all Rancheros, but all Fords. I REALLY like that black '56 coupe; I think I take a photo of it every time I see it!:

IMG_9527.JPG IMG_9537.JPG IMG_9544.JPG IMG_9529.JPG IMG_9543.JPG IMG_9536.JPG IMG_9528.JPG

Kiwirancher, Basstrix and Jeff B like this.
  2. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Those are all gorgeous Fords. I really like the turquoise on the Torino, and the Grabber Blue Mustang.

3. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Beautiful Crown Vic but it has a 55 nose on it.

4. beerbelly

I guess I don't know my old Fords that well Hillbilly. It reminds me of an old Michael Keaton movie, "Mr. Mom", where he loses his job and becomes the home maker. He knows nothing about home repair, but plans a rewiring project to show he's got skills. When asked by a friend if he was wiring for 220, his response was "220, 221, whatever it takes". Cracked me up!

5. Freestyle Don

Freestyle Don In Third Gear BRONZE MEMBER

Rightfully so.....it is a `55......;)

6. Huevos

Huevos In Maximum Overdrive

The '56 had the accent molding further back on the door.
    My Dad was at Ford advanced styling at that time, he was on the design team that did the Crown Vic with the basket handle roof and also the glass roof.
    .[​IMG]

7. Freestyle Don

The picture you`ve posted is also a `55? The most noticeable difference for me is....The `56 had a wider side molding mid-door to rear.

8. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Shoot Beerbelly, all that counts is you got an eye for sweet iron ! Put me on the hot seat about foreign cars and who made them and I'll likely miss a few little details too. Just like Huevos, I had my nose rubbed in Ford all my life so sometimes I come off as a know it all but in reality it has saved my butt judging at AACA Car shows. I too really like the 55 and 56 Fords, enough that if I run across a UTE / Ranchero version I will be going in debt to get it. Ford Ute 1.jpg

9. Huevos

Yes, but it shows the glass roof..
    accent molding further back on door..the '56 \/
    [​IMG]

10. Freestyle Don

Beautiful cars! And no argument from me, either year!
    Back in the day, a friends mom bought one. Can`t remember the year 55? 56?........;)

11. The Wrench

The Wrench In First Gear

EZ way to tell the difference between 55 & 56 just compare the front parking lights.

12. Kiwirancher

Kiwirancher In Second Gear

Yeah nice looking cars . I had a 57 Aussie Mainline when I first met my wife -- used it for our honeymoon transport. It looked like a 56 because they never had what we know as 57 & 58 shape Fords . They just changed the grille and some chrome side strips on their customlines for 57 & 8 .Strangely , we had the US shape in NZ . There is one here in Gisborne -- if I ever figure out how to re-size my photos I will post a shot of it. They are getting rare here now -- the good old rust has dealt to a fair few. Denis.

13. Huevos

I would love to see one of those, pretty rare I bet..

14. Pookieja

Pookieja In Second Gear

Love all the pic's ..Especially the '55..My DAD owned one in turquoise and blue and in 1980 he let my fiance and I use her as our Wedding car. We had great laughs as the fuel pump went out on our maiden drive leaving the Church and we were pictured pushing the iron sled thru an intersection in heavy traffic wearing white tux's. Great memories..

15. Garbageman

Garbageman In Overdrive

Thanks for the pics. Drop me a note next time you attend the Wednesday event and I will try to attend.

16. Saff54

Saff54 In Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

No shows like that in the northeast,thanks for the pics B.B.!

17. beerbelly

It's a great show that runs every Wednesday through the summer, with a live band, food and beer. On a nice day, there are hundreds of cars. The PIR dragstrip is open too if you feel like running your car.

18. Kiwirancher

Kiwirancher In Second Gear

Yeah , that's the one Huevos . I think that is a 58 , they called them a Star model . Mine was the same but with the same grille as a US 56 . It had the stainless strip from the top of the guard to 3/4 along the door. Love the story about the wedding car -- I wanted to use mine to leave the church in but got over-ruled. Might have had something to do with the fact that by then it was painted red oxide primer with red and yellow flames on the guards and sidepipes where the sills were !! Had to leave in a Holden [ GM ] taxi .