Original Colour code

Discussion in 'Ranchero Tech Help' started by gzl, Jun 29, 2020 at 11:26 AM.

1. gzl

gzl In First Gear

Hi, my two tone medds a paint job. I like the colors but to get some here over the pond they need the Colour code. I have 4 and 11. So is there anybody who knows this?
    [​IMG]

2. 1979 RANCHERO GT

1979 RANCHERO GT In Overdrive

#4 Pastel Chamois is code 6P . PPG paint number 2790. #11 Dark Cordovan code is 8N , PPG paint number 2920. The 6P and 8N should be on your left door post decal, if the decal is still there. These numbers are from my paint book at the body shop.

3. gzl

gzl In First Gear

wow...thank you for the quick answer. I checked the decal.. made a mistake. 8N is correct but 6p isn´t
    here is the decal. Could you please help again :)

Attached Files:

4. thebruins

thebruins In Second Gear

5. gzl

gzl In First Gear

Polar white? PPG Color code would be great..

6. thebruins

thebruins In Second Gear

Just regular white. Quick google on it reveals PPG 2684 but I’m sure 1979FRGT will have the definitive answer from his paint book.

7. 1979 RANCHERO GT

1979 RANCHERO GT In Overdrive

Like the Bruin says the PPG code is 2684. I can see why he mistook the chamois color for the white. The white on the Ford sales book looks like Chevy truck white. My Ranchero was factory painted 9D but when I repainted it I switched it to 2003 Ford Ceramic White Pearl , same shade of white but with the metallic sparkle. Unless the light is shining on it , it looks like the original polar white.