Picture upload issue

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by burninbush, Jul 23, 2011.

1. burninbush

burninbush In Maximum Overdrive

Can someone please check the picture upload function? A 640x480 .jpg uploaded to the board is being resized much smaller, even one well within the byte-size limit.

What would be nice is if there was only the byte-size limit -- I see no obvious reason to limit on the basis of display size. I'm assuming the reason for the limits are to control the amount of disk storage needed?

2. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I think Sarah is the picture moderator. Maybe you should send her an e-mail or PM.

3. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

Not sure about that part but why not just host them at a site like supermotors and link them here...its easy and dose not cause the site any storage or bandwidth issues.

4. burninbush

Not sure about that part but why not just host them at a site like supermotors and link them here...its easy and dose not cause the site any storage or bandwidth issues. >5.0

++++++++++++++++

Sure. But in the meantime, it's convenient to put a small pic directly up to the board. It says in the 'Go Advanced' section that you can do it, but in fact the function doesn't work correctly. It used to work OK, something has gotten broken.

5. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

You mean like this? It works exactly the same as it always did.

Attached Files:

6. burninbush

You mean like this? It works exactly the same as it always did.

+++++++++++++

Not here -- when I look at properties for that pic, it is now 550x372, not 640x480. It's also only 54kb size, nowhere near the 97kb allowed.

7. burninbush

And to update, today I uploaded a couple pics and it displayed them at the correct size.

8. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

Maybe Google fixed your browser problem.