Pontchief's album from Texas and Norway

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by pontchief, Feb 8, 2010.

1. pontchief

pontchief In Second Gear

Rude ?, I must have missed something.....

Here is a good looking Ranchero at a meeting in Gatesville Tx.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. pontchief

pontchief In Second Gear

Can one of the moderator's , move this tread to the lounge , so I can post other pictures than Ranchero's on this tread?

3. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

You can post anything in this thread that you wish to - the only restricted thread is the one that has the specific title "Ranchero Pictures Only". That one, Sarah rules with an iron fist and applies draconian removal techniques. Post what you like here.

4. pontchief

pontchief In Second Gear

Thanks , for the answer:cool:

Here is my everyday driver in the summer , a 76 Electra Limited , last year withh 455cid.
    I bought it in Missouri in 05 and drove 21 states with it and shipped it home to Norway afterwards.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Very nice cruiser you have ! Excelent choice of comfort too. I like cars you can instantly recognise and that you don't have to be a contortionist just to climb inside of.

6. pontchief

pontchief In Second Gear

They are great family cars to , we have been on many vacations with 6 people and its room in the trunk for a lot of luggage.

But its not strictly original , I welded shut the opera windows on the c post , I think it looks much better without them.

Here is a before picture.
    [​IMG]

7. pontchief

pontchief In Second Gear

Here is a 57 Olds 98 , I sold last weekend , to can afford to do more work at my house in Texas.
    I bought it as a project car in Columbus Ohio in 05.

It has 1969 461cid engine and runs good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. pontchief

pontchief In Second Gear

Some pics I have shot on roadtrips in Texas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. pontchief

pontchief In Second Gear

10. Denny

Denny In Maximum Overdrive

Thanks for the pictures, Pontchief. I always enjoy looking for stuff like that along the highways too. My wife says I'm going to kill us someday if I don't keep my eyes on the road!:eek:

I looked up Cranfill's Gap and noticed that it's near a little town called Glen Rose, Texas. I worked there for a little while many years ago. That's a nice area.

11. pontchief

pontchief In Second Gear

Glenn Rose isn't far away, its a nice little town , I love too drive around on backroads , looking for old cars:cool:

12. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

[​IMG]

What a waste of a nice Ford. At least none of them redneck Texasicans have shot it full of holes..:)

13. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

14. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

Welcome Pontchief, wow there are some great shots of iron in those pictures thank you so much for sharing. Your sled is a mighty nice ride as well. I sure wanted to see more of that early 70's yellow Continental... oh well a girl can dream. So I have a personal question sort of... how did you come up with your handle Pontchief? When I first saw that name the first thing that came to mind was a 1958 Pontiac Chieftain :) awesome car as well. Anyhow, nice to meet you and thanks so much for sharing those photos.

15. Giska1

Giska1 In Maximum Overdrive

I think I have to get me a place in the us to now, but i need a big yard because i will buy every car i find :rolleyes::eek:
    And the Crown Wicky would make a lot of money over here, the value of the car exedes the value of the property it sits on i belive :cool::D
    I love the pics you are putting out for us to see, thanks

16. Hillbilly

Sarah, that Continental is at the same Ron Payne's place I sent you pics of a few years back. He didn't have that car then so I don't know anything about it. ?? Wild chance you still have his phone number or those pics ?

17. sarah

Sadly I Don't believe I Do, I've had to re-configure my computer a few times and I don't save emails back that far. :( Its a cool ride no doubt. So how is my penguin :D

18. Hillbilly

You hit that right ! Trying to stay inside as much as possible. I got one of those Continentals in storage up in Ohio if you're interested. Bobby Metcalf an' I do some creative swapping now and again, I traded enough stuff to build a nice 57 Chevy for a 69 MK III that Bobby got in sunny California. Did the swap sight unseen save for a few pics on his phone, we both know what the other likes. It's never seen nasty weather since it went to Ohio. Everything works including the a/c. Interested ?

19. sarah

Would love to Hillbilly, but I've got to get my world right side up again. Still have a few things left to move up to the new place. Klaus realized he has alot of stuff hehehe... can't afford to pay attention right now let alone another car. However, I Don't spend crap on gas now... I walk to work I haven't put gas in RED since mid January. It's kinda nice not opening the wallet every few days to dump 50 into a gas tank :) Glad your staying warm.

20. Hillbilly

I know you kiddo ! Back in the black isn't too far away so I think I'll babysit this one a while. It's nice enough that a club back where it was from been calling chasing it down. All they're getting is that it's warm an' dry and hibernating. Ya'll decided what Connor's first beater will be yet ? We know about his first show car. Good luck on the rest of the move, don't stress.
    Love Ya !