Pray for DENNIS Crenshaw

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by sarah, Apr 8, 2019.

1. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Welcome back, and a fast recovery to you! To lighten your mood, a couple days ago, I was attempting to replace the oxygen sensor in my '00 Century, and the wrench slipped, hitting me in the lower lip, fattening it up! I don't think anyone saw me, but for sure, everyone heard me!

andrewok1 likes this.
  2. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive Unubtanium Member

Who ever said life was fair.

3. Doc76251

Doc76251 In Fourth Gear

I've had two deer attempt suicide against my big truck, only recovered one body. The first one I thought I hit "somebody" but I was much relieved to find deer hair in my antenna base. The second one tried to dive into the wheel well, that didn't work out well for her, but worked out well for me because I didn't even have to tag her. Glad you are on the long mending road, getting to that particular point on the trail can be touchy as you have discovered. Get well'er!

Cheers,

Doc

Hopefully now I can stop explaining medical terms to Andy:confused::p (JK Bro glad to help)

andrewok1 likes this.
  4. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER SILVER MEMBER

thanks for the help -DOC
    SOME DAY I CAN REPAY THE FAVOR , Andy

5. franmosso

franmosso In Fourth Gear

Welcome back!!

6. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Thoughts and prayers!!!

ForistellFord likes this.
  7. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

At least a fat lip will return to normal, glad you didn't knock out any teeth.

8. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I have a chipped front tooth from a pneumatically-spun socket to remind me how glad I am. And I bought a sensor flip socket, so I'll try tackling it again tomorrow. Good to see that Dennis is able to hop on and participate, indicating no neuro damage. Glad you're home!

9. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    Yeah @andy_cv64 I told them when they done a brain scan/ECG that IF they look for Bananas, insteadda the brain, they MIGHT find something :D
    Yeah,You can bet I`ll increase my DEER QUOTA during hunting season now!
    I`ve had 4 hit the bike now, but this is the first to damage Me...
    I`ve straightened the crashbars, brake pedal & wiped hair outta places, after the first few...
    BUT it`ll take a new windshield, fender and other cosmetic fixes to get back after this...
    I remember seeing the deer, Braking & Swerving, but it took off INTO my swerve path...

Looking at Thanksgiving as my full recovery target >>>
    I think I heard,
    D

10. Doc76251

Doc76251 In Fourth Gear

Well now you have from now to Thanksgiving to get your shootin' iron scoped and doped so that you can go make the roads a little safer. You obviously have an affinity for finding deer where they are easy to drag out :p:rolleyes::D

Cheers,

Doc

11. Doc76251

Doc76251 In Fourth Gear

You already have my friend with your hospitality and good parts!!! Just wish we hadn't wasted 2 hrs at U-Haul but even that learned me a few things.

For those that don't know, my one redeeming quality is that I can translate medical terms/conditions into regular human and sometimes into car guy talk.

Cheers,

Doc

andrewok1 likes this.
  12. As Is '66

And I thank you for that @Doc76251 ...
    Breathe, YES!
    I amm...
    As ofyen and deeply as I can,
    Dennis

13. RANCHEROROB

RANCHEROROB In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

AND THEN IT GOES UP FOR SALE ?

Glad you are ok but if you get back on that thing again you got rocks in your head.
    Your family has been through the ringer the last few weeks....DON'T BE SELFISH !!!

TestDummy likes this.
  14. aquartlow

aquartlow In Maximum Overdrive

Dennis, so glad to hear you and Anne are finally back home and what sounds like all positive days of recovery are what you are experiencing now, instead of the 2 steps forward one step back type of healing you were going through a couple weeks back. Hope to see you soon and please, just stay off the 2 wheelers.

15. 1965 Ranchero 66G

When it's in your blood to ride, it can't be stopped, when you get up to it Dennis ride on. Luck to you on your recovery.

16. As Is '66

Folks have been asking, "Are you gonna continue to ride? " "Are you gonna sell it? " "I guess you`re through riding, huh?"

My answer is this > "I`m not gonna ride today!"
    You all KNOW > I live One day at a time...

As for today, Healing is taking place...

I had a good "phone visit" with @sarah yesterday,
    Dennis

Basstrix likes this.
  17. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

Dennis hun, it was so good to talk with you yesterday, I had a hard time holding back those happy tears. God Blessed me when I met you here, you are indeed a very dear friend and I love you so much. Tell Ann when she's having a hard time to pick up that phone because I truly know what her heart is feeling. I understand her pain in watching her soul mate in this situation. God is not done with you yet sir, he has a plan still for you, maybe its not venison stew but he has a plan. Remember Dennis someone in Colorado loves you to the moon and back. Talk soon.......HUGZZZZZZZZZZ

18. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I agree 100%. Selfish is one way to put it. And, the brain scan did find some rocks, I heard.

19. Doc76251

Doc76251 In Fourth Gear

It's not selfish to be who you are and do the things you love to do. It IS self destructive to give away the things that you love, the things that make you who you are to the people who love you even if they don't like it. Anyone who enters into your world with the intent to change you is not there for you they are there to make you into something they like better. When you give away things to appease people then they will continue to take more until you don't recognize the person in the mirror or worse yet you can't stand the person you've become or the person screaming at you in your head. Be you, do what you do, it's what made you you which is why people like/love you. Food for thought, worth what you paid for it.

Cheers,

Doc

20. 1965 Ranchero 66G

Well said. Live your life, take care of family and slide into those pearly gates ripped up and ragged, it only gets better from there.