Pray for DENNIS Crenshaw

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by sarah, Apr 8, 2019.

1. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive Unubtanium Member

Been riding since I was 12, don't know if I am just good or lucky but I'm still whole. Hang in there Dennis.

2. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

From Dennis's daughter Stephanie

Alright guys, talked to Ann yesterday, all is looking up!!! Thank God!!! Dad is recovering well, he is still facing a long road for full recovery! He has been moved to a regular room!!! Every day seems to be an improvement!!! As of now we will be shutting down the GoFundMe page due to the fact that they do take a percentage of the donations! We want for dad and Ann to have access to the full amount. That's what the donations are for right?! You can go to or call Citizens Bank of Americus (229-924-4011) and tell them you want to donate to the benefit account for Dennis and Marjorie Crenshaw, they will be happy to assist you! By donating through the bank dad and Ann will get full access to all the money!!!

andrewok1 likes this.
  3. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER SILVER MEMBER

thanks again Sarah, for the current status of Dennis's improvements daily /ANDY

sarah likes this.
  4. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive Unubtanium Member

Self employment has it's benefits and downfalls, but it was necessary since I have a problem with being told what to do. Sorry for the hijack of the thread, get well soon Dennis.

5. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

I'm glad he's back on his feet and back to his usual self. Touch and go for a while! Or maybe it just sounded that way. Happy day for Dennis and Ranchero.US!!!

TestDummy likes this.
  6. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

John, Dennis still has a long way to go to get out of the woods. Docs having to draw fluid from his lungs and he has fever that jumps way too high yet. I feel for him knowing what the coming coughing fits will feel like. Granted, he is a tough one but his recovery will take a lot more time than any of us likes. Rome wasn't built in a day and Dennis's recovery won't be either. I just want to see him return to The Wild Man I know.

ForistellFord likes this.
  7. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I guess I forgot about the broken ribs. Damn, that's like the #1 killer of elderly car crash survivors; pneumonia caused by broken ribs. Imagine living through something horrific and traumatic, only to be taken down by an infection. Not Dennis, though. He's tough as nails.

8. andrewok1

7:00 pm I just got a call from ANN, Dennis had a ct scan they found a sake of fluid around the heart,/ an aneurysm on his spline/. and fluids in the lung that's not coming out with the tube in his lung
    Let make sure we pray extra for the both of them, please

TestDummy likes this.
  9. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Like I said, Dennis still has a long way to go before we throw down in celebration. And I agree with Sean's assessment of nurses.

10. Doc76251

Doc76251 In Fourth Gear

I would suggest that fluid in the lungs is his primary issue. DEEP ABDOMINAL BREATHING!!!!!!! and a lot of it even if it sux. The fluid around his heart most likely is due to inflammation when his heart slammed into his chest wall and it is now a "blister". The spinal "aneurysm" is a bleed from a broke vessel, in general aneurysm is a term reserved for the brain because pressure in the brain does bad things, everywhere else it just gets absorbed and the result is a "bruise" or ecchymosis is you prefer.

I wish him well, the road to Buxdahooty is often a long one with bumps and ruts.

Cheers,

Doc

andrewok1 and Basstrix like this.
  11. andrewok1

1215 PM TODAY, I spoke to Ann, they did the Spleen surgery last nite, they are working on him the best they know how according to Ann PRAY-PRAY
    ANDY

TestDummy likes this.
  12. TestDummy

Holy crap, you really are a doc?

1965 Ranchero 66G likes this.
  13. andrewok1

755 pm just off the phone with ANN , Cardiologist said : fluid is minamal amount nothing to worry about Dennis has a very strong Heart , Spleen surgery went as it should , Lung doctors to do a procedure Friday Am , GOOD NEWS - THANK GOD

TestDummy likes this.
  14. Doc76251

Doc76251 In Fourth Gear

I hold the most referent title in the Marine Corps as well as the Submarine and Naval Special Warfare community as "Doc". That said I do not have MD behind my name as I hold myself and my community to a higher standard. There is no way I was going to go back to school for 6 years (to be a PA) or 10 years (to be an MD) to start out at the bottom of a job that I had been doing for 12 years prior to retiring from the USN as an IDC (Independent Duty Corpsman). In my world Navy IDC's "DO" medicine, MD's "Practice" medicine.

Cheers,

Doc

1965 Ranchero 66G and TestDummy like this.
  15. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Power to ya, Doc. My cardiologist's PA (Physician's Assistant) was a Navy PA, so we've traded some sea stories already.

TestDummy likes this.
  16. TestDummy

My kid has horrible teeth. And I mean really bad. Her baby teeth didn't want to fall out, so they had to be coaxed, and then her adult teeth were coming in sideways, if at all (I blame my UK decedents for this). Thanks to the Oral Surgeons of Virginia, and Dr. Horbaly, she has a smile of an angel now. And every one of those guys are retired Navy. I commend all of you that served, even if you weren't doctors or dentists.

17. ForistellFord

Absolutely. Every day should be Veteran's Day. I sincerely mean that.

18. andrewok1

Dennis!!!! is doing much better today he had a decent nights rest , they removed chest tube still looking at fluid around the lung , Doctor told Ann if no change by Monday Surgery for the lung,
    You GO D !!!!!! spells god also

19. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

From Ann....ok folks it been a week and this is where we are....chest xrays still no change....still in a lot of pain....getting him up in chair today...antibodtics are workin still running temp....thanks for prayer and love we feel....long road ahead...but Gods got this.....keep prayers coming....love yall

20. ForistellFord

Don't get werid. We all want the Captain to recover but really now, that's pushing it.