Pray for DENNIS Crenshaw

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by sarah, Apr 8, 2019.

1. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

As a veteran myself, and on behalf of my late father and oldest brother, you and the American people are all quite welcome.

2. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive Unubtanium Member

Well that pretty much covered it, speedy and as pain free a recovery as can he Dennis.

3. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER SILVER MEMBER

Pray For DENNIS ,He's one hell of a friend and a brother

no room for the disrespect on this thread

aquartlow likes this.
  4. Doc76251

Doc76251 In Fourth Gear

No disrespect intended, that said threads like conversations often run down their own rabbit holes before returning to course. Get better Dennis we ARE pulling for you!!!

Cheers,

Doc

TestDummy likes this.
  5. andrewok1

wasn't you DOC

6. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Sean, ever hear of networking ? Strange as it might seem to you, we keep up with each other nearly daily. We aren't as anal as facebook addicts but we know each other's highs and lows. Everything, grand kids, critters, yard projects, vehicle troubles and repairs, jobs, stuff I won't mention, and life in general. Genuine caring for each other's welfare, like in family closeness is the rule. Ya know, we do have instant communications even while separated by many miles. Please don't discredit Andy, he checks in with Ann often enough to know as much or more than a shift doctor at the hospital. I get my notifications of any changes instantly from Andy, check my phone records or e-mail or both. This isn't the time for speculation, we are talking about a friend's life here. While I appreciate your injections of humor on other subjects, this isn't the place for it. If Sarah or Andy give an update, bank on it. We still love you Brother, just be cool.

7. 1965 Ranchero 66G

Well said, we could all learn from that, me included, that was from the heart.

aquartlow likes this.
  8. Rancherous

Rancherous Administrator Staff Member

Cleaned up the post. Get well soon Dennis. Please don't go off track. Thanks

andrewok1 likes this.
  9. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

What you said. All of a sudden we were talking about my lazy brother in law, and off the rails we went. We, of course, want Dennis to recover, and soon.

ForistellFord likes this.
  10. 1965 Ranchero 66G

Easter Sunday tomorrow, don't worry about looking up, someone is looking down. Hope your coming day's see you through for a complete recovery..

11. andrewok1

this from ANN 8:00PM
    They have had Dennis up and walking today twice, Hes Eating better -lots of pain, to be expected, Lung doctor to do a procedure on Monday to remove what is in the lung cavity.
    Ann is going to go home and Attend church for Easter, while Dennis and his sisters visit
    She thanks everyone for the prayers & WISHES ALL A HAPPY EASTER !!

1965 Ranchero 66G likes this.
  12. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Y'all used to fight over updates, now there's none? How's D?

13. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I didn't want to step on any toes, so I stepped aside. However, you asked.

He is doing really well, but today, if his body has not absorbed the fluid around his lungs, they will do surgery. He is in very good spirits and acting like his ole silly self.....

ForistellFord likes this.
  14. andrewok1

D is going for surgery at 3pm today for lung cavity to remove fluids Per ANN 2:26PM TODAY

TestDummy likes this.
  15. andrewok1

JUST OFF THE PHONE WITH ANN 7:26 PM

D was taken for surgery at 6 pm to get prepped - the have just informed Ann that pneumonia has started already 2days ago , SHE NEVER WAS TOLD TILL NOW

She is in tears , SHE ASKED ME TO ASK EVERYONE TO CONTINUE WITH PRAYERS, PRAY HARD

THEY ARE PUTTING HIM ON A VENTILATOR, and the are moving him to ICU as Doctor said D may not come off the ventilator, right after surgery PRAY -PRAY

16. 1965 Ranchero 66G

Hoping for the best, thoughts and best wishes, hang in there, Dennis.

17. Doc76251

Doc76251 In Fourth Gear

Mmmmm vents are a bad thing. Pneumonia by definition is fluid/inflamation in the lungs from whatever means, today it is normally associated with an infection but can be mechanical. Hope/Pray/Wish/Sacrifice small animals (what ever is your preference) that by opening the pneumothorax ( chest where the lungs live) that whatever bad things that may be in the lungs don't get out. Fluid evacuation is one thing but if they are using Pneumonia as an indicator of infection, that is a horse of a different color. Hopefully this is a simple thorocentesis (poking a hole in the chest/lung cavity with a big needle to drain fluid) which would indicated the vent as you can control the full expansion of the lung(s) time which is helpful to expectorate (force out) any fluid and not try to have the patient do themselves. Which if you have ever concentrated on your breathing for more than 10 minutes is very hard to do and you usually end up short of breath (try it for giggles if you doubt me, control your breathing for 10 minutes). Even with as g-nasty as it sounds is a pretty simple procedure and is nursing 101 for ICU nurses. Hold hard Dennis and ABDOMINAL BREATHE DEEP!!!!!!

Cheers,

Doc

1965 Ranchero 66G likes this.
  18. andrewok1

THANKS A LOT- DOC

19. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

That's what I was thinking too doc.

Get well Dennis!

Basstrix likes this.
  20. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

From Ann......ok folks Dennis is back in room no dr has reached out to me period and he comes out of surgery with a hole in his nose they say his mask rubbed it...the same mask he has wore our entire stay here...I am not a happy camper right now and no sleep tonight cause the nursing staff here sucks...I shake as I type this my nerves are shot pray for Dennis please...I will watch him all night and want rest till he is ok....