Project 68 ranchero 500 (RUBY)

Discussion in 'The Stable' started by Repomanmass, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Repomanmass

Repomanmass In Second Gear

Hi I'm new to this ranchero craze or I should call it a obsession for me! I bought the car from the second owner that he got from his family out in Wyoming the original owner and where it lived till it was shipped to Massachusetts where it has been sitting in a barn for a few years and now I own! I have owned many cars from my first car a 67 Buick grand sport to several muscle cars ,pro stock circle track car,to monster Int Scout, let me say that after owning this ranchero now for 2 months I am in love with it! Best car I have ever owned.battling with health issues including cancer I needed a project to keep my mind off everything else going on... The car is mostly stock down to the am radio that still works..when I got car it was badly oxidized and faded horribly after hours of buffing it came back looking pretty good, I will be replacing rear qtrs cause there is a little rust at bottoms and around wheel wells are starting to bubble,but I'm driving car for now while I do some of the customizing ,I started with the stock 289 and put a Edelbrock rpm intake ,holly 4 barrel, ford racing valve covers, also a cold air induction system that will be fed through the inside headlights when done, I would love any ideas or input of any kind ,next project is to put air ride and 4 link the rear end , will update pics as soon as stuff gets done, if anybody has had problems doing this I would love to hear them , I have a few pics so far that I will post for now...

Does anybody know how I can add more then one pic at a time it only lets me add one

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2013
  2. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the site! Looks like you have a nice ride and making it nicer.

here is a link on posting web hosted pictures...

http://www.ranchero.us/forums/showthread.php?t=27734

I can't recall if the embedded photo posting capabilities supports more than one picture but I think it does.

I just merged your two original posts, suspect others will chime in with the way to post multiple pictures using the embedded capabilities of the site.

3. Repomanmass

Cold air induction

This is the start of the air induction, when finished it will be directly getting air from the 2 inside headlight buckets in process of moving battery and modifying radiator support to accept the 4 inch chrome tubing

Attached Files:

4. Repomanmass

Thank you for the help

I will give it a shot but all this tech stuff takes me a bit but I will get it.. This will be a wild build one of a kind for sure!

Thanks again
    Steve

5. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

Looks like you have a lot of ideas for it and you are well on your way to making them happen! Good luck with your project and your health!

6. Repomanmass

[​IMG]. Lets try to do it this way.

7. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

One of the best looking vehicle front clips ever.

Could you please explain this thing? Is it functional, or is it just there to add some sparkle to the rust? :)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2013
  8. 71 Whitesale

71 Whitesale In Fourth Gear

Very nice!!

9. parts4me

parts4me In Maximum Overdrive

Nice, wasn't expecting that under the hood. One sweet ride.

10. franmosso

franmosso In Fourth Gear

Welcome, where in Mass are you from?

11. Repomanmass

Merrimack Valley

I am from methuen

12. Repomanmass

It will be im modifying the radiator support now to force air straight in through the front inside headlights.. with the rpm intake and phenolic spacer everything touched the hood so i came up with this nothing like cold air to make horsepower!!!

13. TestDummy

Actually, it doesn't make that much. Camshafts, compression, intakes, carbs, heads and headers make horsepower. You may get 3-5 hp, maybe, but it is 100% diffrerent, which counts for a lot.

14. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

I think it looks as cool as Burt Reynolds' mustache, personally.

15. TestDummy

I suppose so.....:eek:

16. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Well, both are not very functional, but enhance the personality. Would the Bandit be the Bandit without the 'stache? I think not.

17. franmosso

franmosso In Fourth Gear

Cool, I live in worcester and work in Burlington MA.

18. Repomanmass

Snow Is Coming

Looks like me and ruby had our last drive together till spring :( Time for her to come apart and let the fun begin!!! :) Dam snow coming tonight time to take out the wrangler!!

Attached Files:

19. Repomanmass

Before the cutting starts

The start of the cold air boxes

Making the holes to feed the beast!!!

Her new eyes are ready to go in.

Most of the polishing and install is done taking shape...

All I'm waiting for is the boxes to come back from the chrome shop!! And add a few red led lights into the headlight funnels to make ruby come alive!! :)

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2013
  20. davis

davis In Maximum Overdrive

Clean! clean!