Question about '67 Galaxie

Discussion in 'General Automotive Questions' started by Ranchero Newbie, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Ranchero Newbie

Ranchero Newbie In First Gear

So it's sitting out in this guy's yard, has big V8, don't remember exactly the displacement,
    bigger than a 302 I think. All the doodads and trim present, doesn't appear to require more than
    a little tune up, original white paint good, interior intact, but really full of West Texas
    dust. Wants 6K for it. Is this at all reasonable? The sharper angles from the previous
    models, like a '65 are gone on this unit, looks a bit melted, or kind of plain looking, not
    exactly what I'd call a red hot date. Thoughts?

I'll try to get some time to get a photo of it later today.

2. 65restomod

65restomod In Fourth Gear BRONZE MEMBER

3. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

The 67 is my favorite year for those really. As far as price, yeah you need a little more info. Dust is fine, but rust is not. How is it in the iron oxide department?

4. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

2-door sedan, hardtop or fastback? Those three body versions could net them $6K, if it's not rusted out, and fairly complete. 4-door sedan, hardtop or wagon would be up to $4K if complete

5. Ranchero Newbie

Very useful reples. I will get out there today and get some photos for better analysis. It does not resemble the '65 shown in the link, however. If it can be flipped
    I might take a shot at it, but my gut tells me this isn't the sought after model because the edges are too rounded, soft.

6. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

67's weren't round and melty to me at least not the angular front end, does it look like this?

[​IMG]

7. Ranchero Newbie

Yes, I think, but the yard is closed today, Sunday, so I'll need to circle back to it Monday.

8. grebaba

grebaba In Third Gear

More then likely it is a 390 engine. A real good engine that are real hard to kill.
    They can make a lot of power if built right.
    They put millions of them in Fords in the 60's.
    Greg

9. PonyExpressRider

PonyExpressRider In Overdrive

Really need to know more... A quick look at Hagerty, the XL and LTD models, in Fair condition are both values over $6K. The base model is valued at $6,200 (Fair/#4).

10. Ranchero Newbie

11. Ranchero Newbie

I tried to get photo of head liner, but could not. Headliner perfectly intact. I'd like to keep this car, but not in my pay grade. I hear the owner
    is not doing well and is under some pressure to sell. If my mechanic can get it running, what might be a realistic retail?

12. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

Just me, based on what I see in the pictures would have a hard time offering more than $1,500 to $2,000 at the most and that is if I was feeling generous.

- Base model (500)
    - Air conditioning foundation is present, no compressor, clearly A/C not all there
    - Sheet metal looks like it has some bent panels (driver's door is rough!)
    - Repainted at some point - evident masking issues (e.g. hood hinges sprayed)

Would really be pushing it to suggest it is even worth $1,500 at this point. JMO

13. Ranchero Newbie

Thank you, this gives much needed perspective. Doesn't sound like there is much to do with improving this vehicle's value.

14. 65restomod

65restomod In Fourth Gear BRONZE MEMBER

I'm in agreement on it's worth . It may take 5 to 10 hours to get it running. Drop the tank clean it or replace , fresh fuel overhaul the carb. to start with.
    Anywhere from $75 to $110 an hour (my guess ) will ad up.

15. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Yeah, nice example, would make a beautiful restomod or factory resto, but unless you can get it for dirt dirt cheap, it'll just about be a wash.