Ranchero Drag Racing update,

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by airford1, May 20, 2011.

1. *RD*

*RD* In Maximum Overdrive

Very nice man, it must feel pretty cool that your chero could do that, shows that the car has a hell of a lot of torque and it is hooking up very well. A bit sad that I did not get to run mine again this year, and my car won't see the road till the spring as we are seeing snow already, guess fall is over.

2. airford1

airford1 In Maximum Overdrive

California has afew negative points like Gov.Brown, Barbra Boxer and the BullDog looking Dike, high taxes, Hollywood Homo's, 55% of the State works for the government, 55% are Democrats, PETA, AFLCIO, Linsey put your Lowhand right here, open boarder, but our weather isn't one of them. Did I say stupid voters? Plus the GREEN Movement! Try this Greenie's stop the China take over and force manufactures to make something that LASTS!:D

3. airford1

Fixed my timing issue and found some lost HP. Able to blow the tires off a Fontana Dragstrip. My 60 ft times dropped back to 1.77, but still managed 11.23 et @ 119.60 mph. Taller , wider stiff wall slicks and we be bad in the near future. What BLAST.

4. Kev250R

Kev250R In Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Nice job!

Kevin

5. scrnic1

scrnic1 In Fourth Gear

Thats an impressive rant i must say, weather aside, i wont be moving to (in arnold voice) CALIFORKNEEAAAAA any time soon..

6. shoprat

shoprat In Fourth Gear

You got that thing running good! It gets harder to improve the faster
    you go. My old 57 made it to 11:60 at 4000 lbs before I quit. That was back
    in the early 90's. Have fun.:)

7. *RD*

*RD* In Maximum Overdrive

Amen to that, but sad to say ny is pretty damm close to coming the next calforina, we have more liberal idiots here more than we know what to do with and the weather sucks to add more insult to injury.

8. airford1

Running 7.1 and alittle faster at times in the 1/8 mile. I locked out the timing at 30 degree's, fatten up the dominator and found new HorsePower. Started to blow off the tires again, so it's really time to put some real slicks on it. I would imagine that's the door to 10.90 and 125mph.

9. airford1

California Democrats just need to be with the majority and quickly forget where they were when it falls from favor. They love to hate as long as its in group, never stand alone, because that has too much risk.

10. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

Have you considered installing a high speed retard? That should alow you to run even more timing. My timing is digital, so I don't have to lock it out, from 1800 up I run 38 degrees, -2 degrees at 80 and -6 at 100mph.
    The high speed retard saves the engine if your vacuum rises at high speeds.
    What A/F you running? My engine likes 12-12.5.

11. airford1

I am new to all the tricks, but I can retard my timing in 3 acumlitive steps of 4 degrees each. How would I trigger it?

12. airford1

I can use my r.a.s. to activate the retard.

At what RPM should I want to back off the advance?:cool:

13. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

It depends on your build.
    Usually you start pulling back on the advance as your engine hits the top of the torque curve and you take out more as you drop down the curve heading to redline.
    I would start by pulling back to your current setting right off the peak until you have found your optimal timing. Pinging is almost impossible to hear above 5000 RPM unless it is very severe.
    This will allow you to safely run your timing up, making it pull better when running in the rich power mode.
    Once you get above 38 you would need to look into a vacuum switch set at your carburator power valve setting (or rich needle setting if not holley) to pull out timing when the carb switches to the leaner mode.
    More timing means you can burn a fatter A/F = more power.

For you street tuners out there, don't do this. Your car will absolutly SUCK at part throttle

14. airford1

Headed to Irwindale 11/17/11 this Thursday night. Looks like some chance of rain by Saturday and it might wash out the Street Drags at AAA Fontana.
    [​IMG]

15. Brian Loula

Brian Loula In Fourth Gear

Good luck to you, Whip some GM ass

16. Kev250R

Kev250R In Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I'm on-call for my job that night or else I'd be out there to cheer you on!

Kevin

17. airford1

Saturday Drags were GREAT. I had a match up with a friend that has a 502 BB Chevy in a Jag. We cut identical lites , 60 foot and I managed to do better mid track and got the win light. His jag runs 10.60 when he turns the NOS. we managed 11.20 @119mph.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ3gfrEgYkI

18. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Freak'n AWESOME. You need a good HD camera because I want to see more.

19. airford1

Real funny It' public now:cool:

20. parts4me

parts4me In Maximum Overdrive

That thing sounds B. E. A. UTIFUL! Or more so B. E. A. BADASS.