Ranchero meeting Jan 14th So Ca.

Discussion in 'General Ranchero Help' started by brc, Dec 26, 2011.

1. airford1

airford1 In Maximum Overdrive

I've taken the 63 Ranchero afew times. Love that show.

2. juanzo413

juanzo413 In First Gear

Thank you Bill for putting this together. We should get much better turn outs from now on. It was cool meeting everyone ther and I hope to see you all and some more at the next one.

3. paparoscoe

paparoscoe In Overdrive

Agreed. Thanks Bill. I enjoyed meeting all of you. Do it again in the future for sure.

4. brc

brc In Fourth Gear

meeting

Hi Juan, Rick, Happy to get it started. Hope we can all get together again soon.
    It was cool to see everyones Rancheros and put faces to the posts on the forum.
    Lets make a plan for another get together, and post it in plenty of time so the guys that need to work on theirs can hopefully get them on the road in time so they can join in also.
    talk at ya soon Bill

5. billg72469

billg72469 In Fourth Gear

Yes going to knotts with my sons 65 mustang .

6. shoprat

shoprat In Fourth Gear

Looks like u had agood time.
    I'd like to have made it, but just couldn't with my health issues.
    I have a 57 and a 78 that are both pretty nice.
    Maybe next time:(

7. brc

brc In Fourth Gear

Ranchero meeting March 17th

What say everyone, want to try March 17th for the next meeting?
    That is a little over 2 months away, and hopefully will give some time to get some of the Ranchero up and running.
    We kinda spoke about the next meeting being held down towards the beach area, maybe Crystal Cove.
    What do ya think Rick,Juan,Davis, Carl, and anyone else that can make it.
    Any suggestions on locations other than Crystal Cove.
    I know a couple guys were a little concerned about long drives, so location is open for discussion.
    Maybe this time fire up a bar-b-que<or some more of Juans tacos> I should had snagged one of them.
    Another great location is Hillcrest Park Fullerton, but thats quite a drive for Davis and Carl.
    Speak up everyone.

8. juanzo413

juanzo413 In First Gear

Crystal Cove is nice. I would be good for the March 17th meeting.

9. havensole

havensole In Overdrive

March 17th sounds good. I should get the 67 running by then. Crystal Cove might be a little further then I am really comfortable driving the girl though.

10. davis

davis In Maximum Overdrive

i can do either. lets see who else may want to join in.
    i'll mark the calendar for the 17th.

11. brc

brc In Fourth Gear

meeting March 17th

Crystal Cove was just a suggestion that one of the guys mentioned.
    It is certainly open for discussion.
    I know for some of the guys the longer drives can be an issue until they get their rides running good.
    So anyone, please speak up on location suggestions.

12. havensole

havensole In Overdrive

Well there is always Corona, which I think would be a decent middle point for some of us. If people are willing to come up to the Claremont area there is a good restaurant/diner there called Legends that is classic car themed with plenty of parking.

Distance for me will really depend on how things go with putting the engine back in the car. If I can get it done well before hand and do some good test drives I don't really see a problem with a good drive, otherwise I'd want to stay close.

13. brc

brc In Fourth Gear

meeting

thats understandable
    If you <or anyone> is unsure if their ride is questionable, then they would want to stay close to the homstead.
    Lets just play it by ear, and see what the majority chimes in with.
    I think one of these days it would be cool to drive them up to Vegas for a "roadtrip"

14. havensole

havensole In Overdrive

Vegas would be great. Originally planned on taking the 67 up there for my annual conference up there last year, but being as we had just bought it I didn't want to risk it. I will be heading up there in June, but driving up there in June with no A/C isn't something I can sell to the wife.

15. brc

brc In Fourth Gear

meeting

I knows whatcha mean. I lived there for close to 15 years in the 70s/80s.
    From the heat in the summer to the cold in the winter.
    Fiqured one of us had to leave, and it was easier for me to leave than mother nature.
    Maybe split the difference and just go to Big Bear, or Lake Arrowhead for the day.
    But then the guys in the beach area/and LA area would have a nasty drive.
    We have plenty of time for folks to chime in on locations.
    Guess we will have to move our meetings around so as to where no one gets special treatments.

16. 66 Mopar

66 Mopar In Fourth Gear

It is nice to see others that are some what local. I would make the next one if it is ok I am an hour north of Santa Barbara

17. brc

brc In Fourth Gear

meeting

Be great if you can make the next one. When we get a little closer, we will post the details, and some directions. We hope to have larger groups with each get together,
    see ya there

18. airford1

airford1 In Maximum Overdrive

I really planned to be at the last one, just got sick and pussyed out the whole weekend. I will be at the next one as long as it's not the first weekend of the month ( Drags ) or I dont pussy out again.

19. brc

brc In Fourth Gear

meeting

Hey everyone, "google" Hillcrest park in Fullerton Ca. and chime in on your thoughts for the March 17th meeting.
    Its a nice place, plenty of shade, bar-b-ques, tables, restrooms, parking.
    No price to use the parking lot for our meeting, "kinda" centralized for everyone, of course some will have a longer drive than others, but that is difficult to get around as we have people from the high desert, L A area, beach area maybe even from Santa Barbra area talking about making the next meeting, so its difficult to picks spots where its close to every one.
    Hillcrest park has been around sense around 1930, so it has nice full trees with shade.

20. 66 Mopar

66 Mopar In Fourth Gear

If I feel the ranchero is reliable enough to take at that time. I will bring it. if not, I may show up in the fury just to meet some of you guys if that is ok