RANCHERO PICS ONLY

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by Rancherous, Apr 22, 2006.

1. Roger M

Roger M In First Gear

2. Huevos

Huevos In Maximum Overdrive

Great Day for a Car show,
    Los Altos Fall Festival.

[​IMG]

Cindy, Oculto, Basstrix and 1 other person like this.
  3. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

"Ah, he's full of it, he never had a '74 Squire, let alone a '75 Seville."

IMG_20171105_160510334 (640x360).jpg

I took the Polaroid about 3 months or so before the Ranchero was rear-ended.

FordR500GT likes this.
  4. FordR500GT

FordR500GT In Maximum Overdrive

Nice

5. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

You were still using a Polaroid in the late 70's? By then those things were nostalgia items, like vinyl records are today.

6. handy_andy_cv64

No, the pic was taken in late 2000 or early 2001. Yes, Polaroid 600 film packs were still available then.

7. handy_andy_cv64

What I wish I had was my aunt's Land camera. I got to use it a few times to the last pic in the pack, then it disappeared, and to this day, I have zero idea what happened to it.

8. ribald1

They are still available today, as are vinyl records, and buggy whips.

9. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Add magnetic tape like used in audio cassettes to that list of obsolete endangered species.

10. ribald1

There is a factory being set up right now, here in the good old USA to make magnetic tape, and audio cassettes, so no danger of them going away either.

Hillbilly likes this.
  11. handy_andy_cv64

And the funny thing is, it's all BS, based on beliefs. I have an issue of the old Omni magazine, where two articles-'Analog vs. Digital,' and 'Digital vs. Analog,' showed the two sides. In the first one, those interviewed, to include Neil Young, said that analog recordings had 'depth' and 'warmth' to them, but no empirical evidence. The second one was an interview with Robbie Robertson, singer and accredited recording engineer, who had just finished recording his album 'Storyville' (shows you just how old the article is), had recorded it both analog and digitally simultaneously, so he took the tapes to the studio lab, and brought both recordings up on a waveform anaylzer, and showed that the analog signal had a .3% induced distortion but the digital signal was clean. Robertson stated that the digital recording was the closest to the actual in-studio performance you would ever get, and also showed that by inducing the .3% distortion into the digital recording, that it had the same 'warmth' the analog one had. Just my two cents.

12. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

My Mom was a HUGE Polaroid fan back in the day; she loved the gratification of seeing a photo within seconds. Problem was, she was a horrible photographer; and was always decapitating the subjects by moving the camera down when pressing the shutter button. Me, being the tall one in the family, is rarely seen from the neck up.

And Andy, regarding digital vs. analog sound, most musicians will tell you that a tube guitar amp has that depth & warmth that transistorized amps lack. I've had both, and there is a real difference- crazy, organic, good things happen inside a heated vacuum tube vs. a "robot" ones or zeros transistor.

Cindy likes this.
  13. handy_andy_cv64

That's a tube amp. Not an analog tape deck. Even though I'm not a musician, I am well aware of the 'warmth' a tube amp brings to a song. What everyone is saying is that an analog recording brings the same 'warmth,' and based on his empirical work, I'm inclined to follow Mr. Robertson's take that you don't want the extra distortion the recording brings, just the distortion and fuzz in the amplifiers as part of the sounds a musical instrument makes. It's why I love a Hammond B3 with a Leslie--the Doppler shift in the played notes is manna from Heaven. I want the recording of it, though, to be as clean as possible.

14. ribald1

Sorry, tubes suck.
    I did sound for R&R bands for years. Controlled distortion was part of the act. A bas guitar could shake a tube amp enough to overwhelm the 60HZ hum.
    As all the pre amps and mixers went digital the crap had to get reinserted so the recording didn't sound like live. All the live stuff has been digital for a long time with any 'depth and warmth' being inserted by the sound technician.
    This debate ended in the early 60's, and only guys that are playing to crowds of 50 or less that can't afford digital equipment are not using it.

15. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I misunderstood your case Andy; I get it now. As far as tubes vs. digital goes, I'm still a fan of tubes for amps; I've had three of each, but the tube amps always sound best to my ears. I guess it's like trying to find the perfect sound for your exhaust, something like Smithies vs. Corvettes electronically-controlled versions. Here's an interesting blind comparison:

16. RanchMan

RanchMan In First Gear

Great video and entertaining as well. These guys could make a great comedy act and they can obviously play well. Amazing they can make that kind of a comparison while blindfolded...

17. Bratishka

Bratishka In First Gear

[​IMG]
    one of five:cool:

Oculto likes this.
  18. FordR500GT

FordR500GT In Maximum Overdrive

Nice looking 'chero! What makes it one of 5?

Bratishka likes this.
  19. Bratishka

Bratishka In First Gear

In Russia only five 6-gen Rancheros)

20. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER GOLD MEMBER

WELCOME to the site Bratishka, nice looking ride ,

Bratishka and 1965 Ranchero 66G like this.