Rare 66 instrument cluster

Discussion in 'Ranchero Parts For Sale' started by Saff54, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Saff54

Saff54 In Fourth Gear GOLD MEMBER

Rare!very good shape,no cracks,lense is in good condition,has factory air!let me know if your interested,boughtbfor my 67but it’s slightly different so I’m still looking,will,I can send more pics directly to you.

Attached Files:

2. davis

davis In Maximum Overdrive

thats for a 66 Fairlane , case you didnt know.

3. Saff54

Hey Davis,your absolutely right!

4. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

That is a real nice piece!

5. Saff54

Hey dan,it is in great shape,as Davis said it’s for a 66fairlane,so it wouldn’t fit a 66 Chero,it does fit the 67 Chero but the lower lettering is different,I was gonna use it on mine but I got one from riogrande that didn’t have air conditioning,but it was in reasonable shape and repairable and from a 67,still looking but this one would work if someone had one in bad shape,no cracks,chips,gonna put it on eBay

6. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

I would say it "should" fit but I would let some of our 66-67 ranchero gurus speak up first. My expertise is more in the 72-79 ranchero/Torino/Montego line. I know the interchangeability is there just don't know the "cut off " for the year.

7. Saff54

I matched it up to the cluster I took out of my 67,and it was an exact fit except for the lettering,the 66 Chero is a falcon so not sure,would like to sell it,I’m sure someone is looking for it out there

8. pmrphil

pmrphil In Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

They're the same size outside, but the radio area is different. 66 + 67 Fairlane have non-interchangeable radios, so a 66 only fits (correctly) a 66, not a 67.

9. Saff54

Thanks Phil,appreciate your input,when these things come up online I’m inclined to get if the price is right ,hoping I could use them or be ever to sell to someone who needs it,I’ve seen crazy prices just for parts of the cluster

10. pmrphil

Yeah, the prices that are asked can be crazy because the application is very limited. You know, supply and demand? If I can supply it, I can demand a stupid price. :eek:

11. Saff54

Agreed,riogrande(mms falcons on e bay) is fair with his pricing,he set me up to make the instrument cluster in my Chero look good,he even set me up with an origional am radio and your tips to pull it and paint made all of the difference,I’m only asking what I paid for the 66cluster plus shipping

Attached Files:

12. pmrphil

Hey, that thing looks great !!! Glad to hear he was able to help you out. Good luck selling the 66 piece, they're tough to find also.

13. Saff54

Thanks,amazing what a little time and a couple of cans of krylon can do!happy thanksgiving to all!