Recent Pictures

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by trikar, Jul 17, 2008.

1. trikar

trikar In Maximum Overdrive

Recent Pictures I have taken over the last few weeks.
    Today, just prior to taking the shell down the Mountain to put on the 1972 Squire which is in storage.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A few days ago.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. trikar

Today after returning home from down the Mountain.
    [​IMG]

A few days ago.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. trikar

Here a few from a few weeks ago while visiting my Parents along the Central California Coast.
    [​IMG]
    Morro Bay Auto Body
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. trikar

More Morro Bay Auto Body

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. trikar

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

The 68 442 is gorgeous!!! The 70 S is OK, but especially the 68!!!!!! Pant Pant Pant... See if he'll trade a 73 Chero for it... I'll drive to him... hehehehe Oh Glory, I need another 68.

7. trikar

Someone had requested some close up shots of the roll on paint job. I don't have a very good camera, but here a few close ups of the Squire which was painted about one and a half years ago and the car has been parked in the open the entire time.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The shell on the Black '72 GT was also painted with roll on paint two and a half years ago. Here is what it look like before
    [​IMG]
    after
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2008
  8. trikar

My Thunderbird had a split in it's vinyl top and with the extreme temperatures and extreme dry air on the mountain, the top became dry and brittle so I removed the top portion and rolled on some paint in it's place.
    Before
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

9. Torkair

Torkair In Maximum Overdrive

Whats up with the camper shells for the rancheros? I never really liked the look of those things? I suppose it's more for functionality than looks, huh. I'd also like to see pics of the rest of your car collection too.

10. trikar

Since I don't have a garage the shells are used as protection of the bed and for storage during Winter months.

11. trikar

They're good for keeping out the rain and snow, and I guess they might even be handy for camping.:D

12. BlueOvals

BlueOvals In Maximum Overdrive

Yeah, llamas are "green" tansportation, unlike old Cheros:D Hey, Trikar, get a new camera!! Geezzzuz, looking at your fuzzy pics I think I have frikin' cataracts:p

13. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

BO you do have catatacts..................:rolleyes:

14. trikar

I think the camera/phone has cataracts:eek::D

15. rancheromeister

rancheromeister In Overdrive

Hard to believe, I know; but there was a time, children, when there were no SUVs as we have now in abundance. :rolleyes:Suburbans weren't luxo-barges, and Ford had no similar truck. :eek:Blazers and Broncos were only full-size 2-door enclosed trucks, with removable hardtops. Trucks used to be cheaper than cars. A pickup with a camper shell became more versatile, and was an alternative to a van. Ford and Chevy both made 2-door wagons into the mid-60s, and usually used the same platform as the Rancheros and El Caminos. When 2-door wagons vanished, so did the sedan delivery; a 2-door wagon with no back seat, flat floor,and no cargo area side windows. I think camper shells were trickled down from the drop-in campers popular in the 60s-70s. Or from a need for a jobsite truck with a lockable storage bed. I've seen pics of Fords worldwide that were campers based on the Rancheros and Falcon utes. These were similar to the 'van' driven by Mad Max in the first movie, which was a Holden (GM). A lot of El Camino and Ranchero owners in the 70s molded the shell to the body, and took out the rear window, or cut open the front of the bed, to open the bed up to the cab and create a sedan delivery.:cool:JD

16. BlueOvals

BlueOvals In Maximum Overdrive

Trikar, I went to Wally world on Sat, and got a nice looking little Olympus for, $129. Will be good for car pics. Still in package, have not tried it yet. 5.0 I don't have eye issues, yet, but those pics of Trikars were a might on the fuzzy side :)

17. diggette

diggette In Maximum Overdrive

i KNOW it's not a ford but sandman's are sooooooo cool. HAD to do it!! here's one from the 70's and one from the 00's

Attached Files:

18. trikar

Can your post larger version of the pictures or are you just tryimg to get even for my fuzzy fotos:confused::D

19. diggette

i'll try. i'm kinda computer lame. let's see how we go....................;)

20. diggette

here's a 70's one (with me on the bonnet - ha ha ha)[​IMG]

ooops. me again
    [​IMG]

here's a new one
    [​IMG]

and another...they were known for their cool paint jobs. they called them a "shaggin wagon" - get it? you saw austin powers, right?[​IMG]

let me know if you need more