Red Ryder

Discussion in 'The Stable' started by LSChero, Jul 10, 2014.

1. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

Are you trying to run the A/C with the ECU through the ECU harness?
    If so, that is going to be problematic because your dash controls aren't hooked to the ECU.
    The A/C should run off your old harness and if you want WOT shutoff, wire it like I said.

2. LSChero

LSChero In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Took the 73 to vegas strip for midnight mayhem(7pm-2am) drags.Went through inspection and tech,but never made a pass.Waited to long,the staging lanes filled up quick and never seemed to get smaller.Good turnout,enjoyed watching racing.No classes,brackets just time slip.wanted to grudge race a elkee,but none
    could be found.Only fords were stangs and F series.Have to take wife next time with 72.That will be a grudge race!
    IMG_0087.JPG IMG_0082.JPG IMG_0085.JPG

HuevosRanchero likes this.
  3. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Sounds like an episode of Love, American Style, titled "Love and the Grudge Match." I'd howl with laughter if she outdrove you....;)

4. LSChero

Got back last week from 30 day hunting trip to northern Utah.Started snowing opening day,lasted 3 days.Target rich environment after 18"
    fell.Freezer is full,now back to project.Will procrastinate as long as possible,I hate body work..Couple pics.

Attached Files:

5. Huevos

Huevos In Maximum Overdrive

Looks like a Good Hunt..

6. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER GOLD MEMBER

YOU must have a hella of hunt 18 inches of snow makes for a hard walk but easy tracking in the snow

7. LSChero

To old to hike much anymore Andy,specially at 9,200'!Got the RZR stuck in snow drift on top of a ridge,not a soul around or a tree to rig off of.
    Had to dig it out by hand.Shovel and lift kit will is on equipment list for next year.All the animals were taken within 200 yards of ATV trail.They ski real nice on fresh powder..

8. LSChero

Silly girls swapped shoes!Going on road trip with the red dog,dont trust the rubber on the ETs..
    SAM_4306.JPG SAM_4302.JPG SAM_4301.JPG SAM_4305.JPG

Jimbob and Kiwirancher like this.
  9. handy_andy_cv64

Aren't those rears on the '73 just a little too wide? *cringes*

10. LSChero

Kinda period correct for 70s Handy.Not for everyone,even today they are stuffin the fattest meats possible in the back.Eventually will sell
    mags/tires go to 17".

11. handy_andy_cv64

Well, those who had them did what was necessary to prevent tire damage, because they usually dragraced them. Damned cars rode like they didn't have springs in back.

12. uk ranchero

uk ranchero In Second Gear

i do like vinyl roofs tempted to put one on my 72, but worried about corrosion.

13. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

Vinyl roof is fine provided the prep work before applying the vinyl is done correctly - and by correctly it basically means the roof needs to be painted and allowed to cure for about 6 weeks before the roof is applied.

I re-did one of mine in 1979 doing exactly that - removed the old, corrected what appeared to be unpainted areas from the factory, painted using a high quality paint, allowed to cure and then applied new roof. Absolutely no issues through removing that top in 2010 to replace it. Doing the same thing with that one now for it's new top.

14. uk ranchero

uk ranchero In Second Gear

thank's mine's never had one but has been resprayed at least twice so there is plenty of paint on it. will have look into getting one fitted

15. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

If you are planning to do so, start looking for the trim pieces that go along the bottom of the top between the door/window and the bed rail. You can see good examples of them in lschero's posts up the thread... '72 through '76 are the same moldings.

Top is available from Dearborn/ecklers here: https://www.dearbornclassics.com/ford-ranchero-vinyl-top-ranchero-1972-1978.html

Molding pieces are like these - they are black and chrome depending on the trim level of the car: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-Ford-...b17a078b:g:w2sAAOSw651cEcYi:rk:5:pf:0&vxp=mtr

16. Basstrix

Basstrix In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

Them's some good lookin steeds !

I might have to add a 72 to my corral. Would compliment my 72 Mach 1....that I bought when I was 16 :)

17. Basstrix

Basstrix In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

On another note...I recently attended a relatives thanksgiving celebration where the host had several red ryder bb guns....and he had contests set up based on the aforementioned....I had so much fun that I'm thinking of doing the same.....so your post reminded me....and I just ordered 2 red ryder bb guns :)

18. 1979 RANCHERO GT

1979 RANCHERO GT In Overdrive

Careful Ralphie, you'll shoot your eye out!

19. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER GOLD MEMBER

watch out for the lamp of Leg

20. handy_andy_cv64

It's "Frah-gee-leh!"