Red Ryder

Discussion in 'The Stable' started by LSChero, Jul 10, 2014.

1. LSChero

LSChero In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Havent made much progress lately,to damn hot!Tuff painting with high temps.Got repairs made and a couple coats on 2k polyester primer on
    bed cover.Figured I would install mounting hardware and fit pro-tecto-top on bed before I start body paint/prep.What PIA,Got fit pretty close
    but will have to trim edge lip a bit to keep cover off new paint when I get it sprayed.Decided on acrylic urethane in light silver metallic.Hopefully it will cool down enough so I can paint bed cover before hunting season.
    SAM_4581.JPG SAM_4582.JPG SAM_4583.JPG

2. uk ranchero

uk ranchero In Second Gear

weather to hot. a problem i would love to have it,s usually to wet over here, although right now its nice and warm.

3. LSChero

Spent 4 years in east anglia when I was in the war,swear roads were wet 300 days a year!Aint really that bad here until it climbs above 110.

Broke down and bought the intellitronix cluster I have been eyeing for some time.25% off on epay listing did me in.Lighting is a bit to bright
    for me in day light mode,may wire it so back lights are nite mode(50% dimer)all the time.Or send it back and get green back lights...
    SAM_4605.JPG SAM_4606.JPG SAM_4607.JPG

4. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Does it have to be only green? Factory was a faded blue. I love that design, but I'd want a bluish hue.

5. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER SILVER MEMBER

pretty bright that's for sure. need to reorder FOR DIFFERENT COLORS
    yikes on the cost side

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  6. colnago

colnago In Maximum Overdrive

I keep lusting after the Dakota Digital gauges for my '64, but they're $750-ish. Maybe next year.

Joseph

7. LSChero

8. LSChero

9. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER SILVER MEMBER

10. LSChero

Finally got back on paint project.Single stage was epic fail,so went and spent a bucket of money on 2K material.The Ebay silver single stage did not cover well and super heavy metallic.A bit too blingy for me.Went with a metallic mica color.Should suit desert life well.Color hasnt grown on me yet,only bought one C note a quart paint.Layed down 2 coats of sealer,2 color and 2 clear.Flowed on nice!Put in in garage with heater on,
    hopefully will dry tonight..
    SAM_4614.JPG SAM_4657.JPG SAM_4658.JPG SAM_4661.JPG SAM_4663.JPG

HuevosRanchero likes this.
  11. LSChero

Dried up fine overnight.Put it on cruck to get visual.Paint work came out better than expected,may even be a 10 footer!First time with 2K and
    new SATA guns.Still not sure on my color choice.Got all winter to think about it while I blow it apart and get that red crap off.
    SAM_4671.JPG

12. LSChero

Holidays are over so back to tearing her apart.Still got to gut doors,remove front valance then prep marathon begins.
    SAM_4683.JPG SAM_4682.JPG

13. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

no more dog sheit brown looks Great thats going to be giant mirror going down the freeway

14. Huevos

Huevos In Maximum Overdrive

Hey John, If you do a good job on your truck, I will let you paint mine....;)

15. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

"...let...", you are oh, so kind! :D

16. LSChero

Weather has returned to decent painting conditions,so I have got all the small parts painted.Still got to pull doors to paint jams and prep all the
    quarters.Lot of work and expense,kicking my azz!Hope to have her on road by summer..
    SAM_4809.JPG SAM_4808.JPG SAM_4807.JPG SAM_4806.JPG SAM_4790.JPG SAM_4750.JPG SAM_4747.JPG SAM_4746.JPG SAM_4748.JPG

beerbelly likes this.