saw a movie ...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by burninbush, Jun 30, 2013.

1. burninbush

burninbush In Maximum Overdrive

... Recently, that might interest some here; named Hit And Run. Basically a chase scene / road trip.

On an absolute scale it would score pretty low, but it features an interesting car or two. One of which is a lovely black '67 Lincoln with [they say] 700 hp. You get a couple of underhood views, looks like a 460, has visible a huge throttle body and EFI rails. It sounds pretty healthy. There is quite a bit of burning rubber off the tires. Has an unnecessary hood scoop.

There are lots of times when you want to throw something at the screen, it's all so stupid, but it has redeeming features, like Tom Arnold as a US Marshal. All through it the hero's girlfriend is analyzing his head, which becomes funny by the end of the movie.

Rent it, you'll like it.

2. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

Getting north of 700HP from a bored and stroked 460 is far from unheard of. An 8000 RPM red line and 460ft pounds of torque, and you are knocking on 700's door.
    Actually, 700HP out of a 460 is only 1.5HP per CUIN. However, that build would not be much good on the street.

3. parts4me

parts4me In Maximum Overdrive

Will watch via netflix.

4. pdw72

pdw72 In Maximum Overdrive

The car is Dax Shepard's personal car, he did all of the driving himself.
    I wasn't too impressed with the movie though.

5. burninbush

burninbush In Maximum Overdrive

That's a fascinating detail. Yes, I agree the movie sucks, but it had interesting details for me, especially the way the GF kept nailing him on his messed-up thinking. ("see the kind of people your fine car attracts", his Charlie Bronson nom de plume, etc)