Scored a Sparkomatic--no flaming allowed, just a bit of help

Discussion in 'Car and Home Audio' started by handy_andy_cv64, Jun 17, 2020.

1. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

So Joe and I had hit up a U-Pull in Houston, and in pulling parts out of a '91 Comanche, for his '88 Pioneer, it had a Sparkomatic AM/FM/CASS unit, so I decided to snag it. It's an SR350 model, a four speaker unit with balance and fade, and digital tuning, display and clock.

PROBLEM: Sparkomatic never put a basic wiring diagram on the case, and other than switched & unswitched power and speaker return, so I get to play "hook up wire, test which circuit it is." The speaker wire colors for this are grey, green, blue and white, so, we'll see how it goes, or even if the bugger works. If it does, Babe'll be back in business!

2. 1978GT

1978GT In Fourth Gear GOLD MEMBER

I had a Sparkomatic SR308 years ago. The speaker positives were Brown (LF), Gray (RF), Green (LR) and Blue (RR). There was an Orange for left speakers negative and a White for right speakers negative. Red/White: 12V+ constant, Red: 12V+ switched, Yellow: power antenna relay, Black: ground.

Just hook up a speaker to each wire in turn (at low volume to protect the unit) while adjusting the balance and fader to determine which is which.

3. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Yeah, that's what I was going to do. Man, the engineers at the factory must've just grabbed whatever reel of wire was on the shelf. Thank you for that info, it's the closest to the wires I have.