Screen name change

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rods N Restos, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Rods N Restos

Rods N Restos In Fourth Gear

Hi I was wondering if it's possible to get screen name changed?
    I joined in 2011 and used a shop name instead of personal screenname.
    I acquired 2 Rancheros this year so now I am an official Ranchero owner besides our two 72 Gran Torinos which one I have had since 2012.I sold my 72 GTS with 429 in 2016 ,but we acquired another in 2017 with H code Cleveland, C4 PS,PB Comfortweave buckets,floor shift,center console car

Anyway I tried to change name in "My Account" but it doesn't change after save changes.
    I no longer use Current name and haven't in years.
    I have a New name for my shop as I have moved and no longer use my screen name,so hoping to change name instead of having to make a new Membership Profile.
    Hopefully this is something Admin can do
    I updated my profile with current location and signature but want to change Screen name to
    Rods N Restos

Thanks Jeff

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  2. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

Check your PM (Inbox).

3. colnago

colnago In Maximum Overdrive

You have a very understanding spouse. My wife tolerates my collection of two vehicles. She probably wouldn't care if I actually had some place to store them … but I don't. :(

Joseph

4. Rods N Restos

Joeseph.
    My girlfriend paid for the
    72 Gran Torino Sport fastback in 2017.
    It had a decent interior but needed a few things.Body needs work and whole car needs paint but I restore classic cars.
    We have 2.5 acres in the woods of South Jersey and have a 30Wx46Lx16H Pole Barn garage in the back of our property and I put up privacy fence from back corner of shop around where I keep all the vehicles as I have others 2 97 Ford Explorers,my brothers Silverado parts truck and a 63 Suburban body and chassis besides the 2 Rancheros.
    The 72 is a parts vehicle with no title.
    The 76 is rusty and has no engine so plan is to take the 72 frame last it then back half it with narrowed box tube steel for a 4 link with coil overs and then narrow the 76 9 inch axle and add disc brake.
    The 72 H code 351-2V Cleveland I want to rebuild with new pistons,rods,camshaft and Aluminum heads and intake.
    If I can afford I was thinking of going Turbo but that might not happen so if I can get 500-600 hp out of the Cleveland without Turbo I will just do that but a ProStreet Ranchero needs to have some horsepower under the hood.
    My girlfriend doesn't always attend car shows but her 72 GTS was only on the road for short time till I started fixing stuff as the way it was it wasn't really safe to drive.
    Had to completely replace the rear brake components and going to order the 7 pc stainless steel brake line kit form Inline Tube.
    Front end is getting rebuilt as car was previously wreck by owner who sold us the car but he had already replaced the sheet metal but I found that the driverside front coil spring was bent so I got some good used Q code springs and lower control arm.
    Gonna buy new upper and lower bushings and ball joints and tie rod ends.
    Then we bought 2 used full quarters the seller had with complete wheel wells cause the quarters on car have extensive rust and so does wheel wells.
    Once I get the 72 GTS done so we have a car to drive and take to local car shows I will pull the 2 Rancheros apart to build one using the 72 frame ,front clip ,engine and trans with the 76 body shell as it's got a good clean title and is in my name but floors,and bed floor are rusted bad so body will come off frame and will cut out all the floors and build all new from scratch.
    I'm sure it will be a multi year project but will have an awesome Ranchero 500 once it is done.

colnago likes this.
  5. colnago

No, I'm not jealous, I'm always this shade of green! ;)

I'd offer to take the '63 Suburban off your hands, but you're about 3,000 miles away from me. All of the cool cars are always on the opposite coast!

Joseph

6. Rods N Restos

The Suburban has title issue cause I'm a bone head and the person on title is not same who I bought it from as they never titled in their name.
    No way to track P O and doubt person still lives at address on title as its dated 01/23/92 which is 27 years ago and not worth a 3 hr drive
    Fuel cost,tolls and the wasting a day to find out they no longer live there

7. colnago

Can't you just register it using a bill of sale, and "getting creative" with the signature? Not that I would ever suggest forging a signature on paperwork that's older than my son, but I have noticed that the DMV doesn't really seem to care, as long as they HAVE a signature on the paperwork. ;)

Joseph

8. Rods N Restos

New Jersey is a Title state
    I have title but somebody long ago put 200,000 on title for odometer reading but it only has 00,000 on odometer and physically impossible for it to read 200K miles but the Title has that written on it and they want an odometer affidavit from Owner listed on Title.
    They simply signed and printed name on title and left it blank then person I bought from in 2017 gave title to my buddy to give to me as my friend was storing it on his property.
    I should have never bought it as it is missing the engine,trans,grille,bumpers,rear side windows, hood hinges .
    Plus the front seats and steering wheel,maybe steering column is not original
    It's not worth $1300 in parts as lower doors need replaced,hood has internal rust issues and about only thing I could sell as parts is upper and lower tailgate so I would take a big loss.
    I'm gonna try on more time at different DMV office and if they say no not without signed mileage affidavit from person on title then I'm probably gonna just list it for parts sell it for whatever I can get and be done with the matter

9. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

When you do that, shoot a pic of the cluster, showing the physical limits (most people nowadays have never seen older odometers), and just play it off as "an elderly owner who may have had memory and cognitive problems." It's worth a shot.

And, I know doing so is mighty expensive, but have you considered stroking the Cleveland? I wouldn't bore it also, as I know older castings tended to have casting flaws that would show up in 'beyond factory spec' machining, but the block and crank are more stout than a Windsor of the same displacement. Whaddya think?

10. Rods N Restos

I did have a photo of odometer reading and when they handed me mileage affidavit that has to be filled out or signed by person on title.
    Again that does me no good.
    It's been almost a year so just gonna take title to different DMV office that is in smaller town where I had the 76 Ranchero title done.
    Nicer people work there

11. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

just have someone sign the paper with the name on the title

colnago likes this.
  12. colnago

Remember, I would never suggest that you sign it as the person on the title. I would never suggest that the DMV doesn't chase down signatures. I would never suggest that I've done that in the past.

You're not stealing the car. You're not defrauding the government, or costing the PO anything. In the long run, you are allowing the state to receive revenues from a vehicle that can get on the road.

Just my two cents,

Joseph

13. Rods N Restos

Depends on what stroker crank costs as right now figured just using stock crank and maybe just have machine shop cut the journals.
    There are plenty of 600 hp Cleveland builds out there so know its possibly to achieve 450-500 hp on stock crank.
    The reality is that it just depends on cost.
    If I can find a deal on a 429-460
    I already have a big bolt pattern C6 in the 76 Ranchero that I can go through so if I find a good deal in next 2 years it will have a big cube motor

14. Rods N Restos

Titles is signed they can match signatures and you better be good at forging

15. colnago

Does your state check signatures? California doesn't (or didn't, the last time I checked).

Joseph

16. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive Unubtanium Member

Rods, you own property and restore car's, take the easy way out and lien sale it as abandoned and have a friend bid on it then you can have a clear title. Skip

17. Rods N Restos

I'm gonna try a different DMV office before I start going other routes.
    I did give the title a coffee bath to try and stain it so couldn't see a difference I changed and now that title has dried although not coffee stained the odometer reading correction is not noticeable.
    I am going to write over the zeroes to darken them the same as the 2 so it looks as though it was written at same time and take it in to the DMV where I had my 76 Ranchero title done.
    Hopefully they don't look it over too careful and just let me pay for the new title and be on my way

18. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Good luck. Only time I ever did something, I taped an example of a friend's signature to a window, taped the title in position over it, traced. It worked.

19. colnago

Mine was years ago when I bought a 1982 Honda Magna. I drove 3+ hours to pick it up, and 3+ hours home. I got to the DMV, and they said the title was under his name, AND her name, but only signed by him. I wasn't going to drive another 6+ hours to get her to sign it, so I took it home, and signed it myself. Took it back the next day, and they didn't blink an eye. No comparison to other signatures, no questions about who signed it, nothing. The required paperwork had a signature, and that's all they cared about. It would only be an issue if the PO made a fuss about it, and the DMV had to open up old files.

Joseph

20. Rods N Restos

Well rather not forge a document if I can just get it done at a different DMV office.
    I think this is ok now

Attached Files: