Seafoam's 71

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by sarah, Nov 8, 2010.

1. seafoam71

seafoam71 In Third Gear

Hi folks, I have made some progress. Tranny's been put in. Working on getting front & rear U joints installed. She shifts fantastic but the driveline rumbles and clanks like hell..hopefully the new joints will help..(Yeah I know.. I should have insisted on new joints to start with but you know how those late nite, beer soaked, shadetree garage parties go.) Shoot, I was just glad to get the tranny stabbed that night..

Today the local picky part came thru and I scored a very cool plush dark green leather front split bench interior from a '95 Continental..
    Still in pretty darn good shape. I also snagged the green carpet and mats, gonna be a lot better than what's in my car now..(see "before pics)...anyway, for $111 bucks out the door I'm not complaining...

well, we'll see how it goes. My mech says he'll mount the slick Lincoln power switches we got in my stock door panels.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2010
  2. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

the clean Seafoam

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. sarah

4. seafoam71

seafoam71 In Third Gear

More progress, new U joints are installed in car, drives and feels a lot better. Still have some rattles in my exhaust. Got the old interior out and I did find quite a bit more surface rust but thankfully nothing rusted through. gave it a good wire brushing and sprayed some rust inhibiter white primer on the bad spots.
    Mocked up one seat, so far so good..gonna put heat insulation and try to fit the green Lincoln carpet I got with my seats. Wish I could sink a bundle into the old Chero, but my work is very slow. Mostly I'm limited to doing stuff to clean the car up (sweat equity??).
    Now that she's starting to run, the next step is brakes, and up the road a front end rebuild is in order..:eek:

5. seafoam71

seafoam71 In Third Gear

Not much to report... got the new interior 1/2 way installed. Waiting for my guy to hook up some seatwires..but, in the meantime I have scored two tail light assys that were better than mine, just ran across a GT hood for a good price..looks bad a$$ on the car. More pics when I step up for those $15.00 Lithium batteries.

6. 2beast

2beast In Third Gear

The GT hood will look great.

Gotta see pics....................

Greg

7. sarah

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here you go Cash... looks good

8. burninbush

burninbush In Maximum Overdrive

@ Seafoam ... consider making some filler plates for your hood scoop -- I can see it is open. Rain and leaves and all manner of junk will deposit on top of your motor if you don't.

I like the look of the '71 scoop, but it wasn't intended to be functional.

9. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

There are people here who think a hole in the hood qualifies as a funtional scoop.

10. Giska1

Giska1 In Maximum Overdrive

Seafoam Look at the grill parts i put up in parts 4 sale link:D

11. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

Like me...

[​IMG]

12. seafoam71

seafoam71 In Third Gear

The GT scoop does look good I think. i've started priming, filling and sanding already. My car has to be a shade tree project due to lack of funds but so far so good without mortgaging the farm. The interior color is darker and looks way better in person. Although the whole inside still needs plenty of cleaning and detailing.. My color editing in the photo ain't great.. The scoop will get a filler when I find one. I have some Q's on the hood itself but I think another thread is in order on that issue.

13. billg72469

billg72469 In Fourth Gear

seafoam look's good gt hood good addition, my brother had two torino's, both cobra's one bigblock, one small block, alway's liked the 70 ,71's, they didn't win car of the year for nothing. I go to pic-a-parts alot also, have too because of budget , should post all the great stuff I gotten , I love 1/2 price day's. The wife like's it also, imagine good reason to go to the junkyard is so you can get stuff at 1/2 price, I guess that's the inner redneck coming out. Have a rusty 72 I working on, rust doe'nt scare me to much , just hate all the work it take's to fix it.

14. airford1

airford1 In Maximum Overdrive

Me too!

Some of us done have deep pockets and think we work at JPL.

I once used a one gallon paint thinner can as a scoop on a carberated front engine dragster and it was only a hole in the side of the can.

I cover the top just to keep the fliuds from sucking out on to my face.

15. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

That was a reverse dig... that is the factory Ram Air for that car.

16. seafoam71

seafoam71 In Third Gear

I sent a few pics to Sarah, should post soon.

17. sarah

18. seafoam71

seafoam71 In Third Gear

Thanks again to Sarah, my pic angel. The hood is almost ready for paint, in keeping with my lo buck rat resto I got a few cans of satin dark hunter green finish paint to shoot he hood with.Anyway this is so much fun I think I'm going to attack my rusty and scratched bed next..:rolleyes:
    ...More filthy pics to follow.

19. seafoam71

seafoam71 In Third Gear

I have started a new thread in the pics section with update photos. I think Sarah will choose where to post them.