Seat Belts

Discussion in 'Ranchero Parts Wanted' started by Ol' Slo Eddie, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Ol' Slo Eddie

Ol' Slo Eddie In Second Gear

I am looking for a LH silver/grey 3 point seatbelt with a good retractor for my '79 GT. I also need the mount covers for BOTH sides also in silver/grey. Whatcha got?

2. PonyExpressRider

PonyExpressRider In Maximum Overdrive

If you are, JUST MAYBE, :rolleyes: interested in a contrast color... I have a set of 3 points in dark Blue, was in my 69 for about a year while the originals were being refurbished.

If you don't/can't find what you are looking for... check with Page 1 (pythonrestoration.com) . They are not cheap, but you will get what you want.

3. Ol' Slo Eddie

Thank you but I want to stay with the Dove Grey. I have some lap belt type in silver from Juliano's and may go with a set of theirs in Silver if push comes to shove. i went to that site you mentioned but they said nothing about price so I just logged off.
    Thank you for your offer.
    Ol' Slo Eddie
    P.S. I see that you are close. I am in Grants Pass.

4. PonyExpressRider

They are not for everyone. My 69 sat in a shop from 1979 to 2014... and is rare enough that it needed to be restored to factory. The seat belts were trashed. I found Python Restorations because I couldn't find suitable replacements. Which is why I bit the bullet.

But for future reference and knowledge... They are not cheap, and will not give you an estimate over the phone. Beyond what the material costs, buckles, etc. You send them in, they make their assessment, and they tell you what its going to cost. Mine were total rebuilds and were several hundred $'s. I cringed when I heard the price. But am very happy with the finished product. Below are the before and after on my belts.

If you are not doing a factory restoration, or just looking to make the car legal, there are probably less expensive options. If you are doing a Factory, or a resto-mod and need a specific look... they may be an option.

I have been meaning to get down to GP for a show or two. Only managed to get to Blackberry Festival this year, maybe next year.

Attached Files:

5. Ol' Slo Eddie

You wouldn't know they were the same belts. Nicely done.
    I am not going for Concours so I am not willing to spend Mega$$$.
    If push comes to shove, Juliano's has some.
    Thanx for the lead, though. I'll write it down just in case.

6. PonyExpressRider

I will check my reciepts when I get home Sunday... I have
    some three points that I used until the originals were done. I believe I got them through CJPONY.

7. Ol' Slo Eddie

OK. I looked at mine and the return spring and its cover are missing.
    What I would REALLY LIKE to have are the plastic covers that go over the mounting points on the floor. I need both sides.
    Anybody have some of those?