Seeking Engine

Discussion in 'Ranchero Parts Wanted' started by C_garabedian89, Jul 18, 2016.

1. C_garabedian89

C_garabedian89 In Second Gear

Would anybody happen to know someone in the Houston area selling an inexpensive Ford V8 for my Ranchero? If it is a small block or FE I will also be looking for an automatic transmission. If you know somebody outside of Houston that is wiling to ship, that'll work too. I'm not trying to be picky but I would like to stay away from the 351M/400 engine. I currently have that engine in the truck now and have herd mostly bad things about them. Almost anything else would work.

Thanks in advance

-Charlie

2. Basstrix

Basstrix In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

What are you plans for this engine/truck? If it's going to be a daily driver and you're not planning to go all out on HP, there's nothing wrong with a 351m/400. They are basically a taller deck version of a 351c that has the big block bell housing pattern.

3. C_garabedian89

C_garabedian89 In Second Gear

I want to get the truck running right now and the engine in it sat up for ten years so I think it's just going to need to be replaced

4. Basstrix

Basstrix In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

Can't help with an engine in the Houston area. There's a fresh built 400 here in Phoenix for $1500 right now and he has some performance goodies he's selling too.