Shelby Drop thanks to Klaus

Discussion in 'The Stable' started by RancheroRandy, Jan 10, 2019.

1. RancheroRandy

RancheroRandy In Fourth Gear

Doing the old Shelby drop on my '65...got the driver side side finished (and had to reteach myself some of the tricks involved) now on to the passenger side... Shelby drop.jpg

Attached Files:

beerbelly likes this.
  2. plumcolr

plumcolr In Maximum Overdrive

Wait till you drive it. Noticeable difference. Next roller spring perches.

TestDummy likes this.
  3. RancheroRandy

I'm holding off on the roller spring perches...going to completely change the front suspension with coil over system from Global West sometime (hopefully before too long) in the future so I don't want to blow the $200 for them. The current spring perches are China crap and the bearing barrel is too big to allow a wrench to get to the inside shock absorber hole that I use for my spring depressor tool so I modified a wrench that works pretty well... modified wrench2.jpg modified wrench1.jpg

4. RancheroRandy

I figured since I'm tearing things up I'd cut out the export braces and install an after market one. They are, or should I say were, welded in very well along the cowl but at the shock towers pretty wimpy...in fact the driver side was held on by only 2 small spot welds that popped off surprisingly easy. L export brace3.jpg R export brace2.jpg