Shooting at daughter's high school

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by aquartlow, Apr 20, 2018.

1. aquartlow

aquartlow In Maximum Overdrive

There was a shooting at my daughter's high school this morning, it is also where my wife is employed within the school's guidance department. My wife/daughter were not involved and are completely safe, Thank God. The student that was injured has non-life threatening injuries(ankle wound) and the shooter, a supposed student was apprehended very quickly by the school's resource (Sheriff's Deputy) before any other students and/or a faculty member could be injured. ALL the students/faculty were taken/bussed to a local church in Ocala, fl about 2-3 miles away so authorities could do a thorough sweep of the entire campus looking for any potential remaining threats. It is still a fluid situation so details are sketchy at this point. Waiting for the call from my wife to pick up my 15 year old daughter, give her and my wife a big hug once I get to be with both. Please keep those affected in your thoughts/prayers.

2. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

Glad they got the punk right away.
    Too bad a taxpayer relief shot wasn't made though.

1965 Ranchero 66G likes this.
  3. plumcolr

plumcolr In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Good time for a hug. Glad they are safe.

4. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Damn, with a kid in school myself, I totally understand what you're saying. This kid was obviously mentally disturbed, as they all tend to be (the ones that aren't violent). Hopefully he can get some help, although not sure where. Shame our Government turned all the mentally ill loose on the streets back in the 80's when they shuttered all the mental hospitals.

5. FordR500GT

FordR500GT In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

Damn. Glad everyone is OK. Prayers to everyone.

6. aquartlow

Thank you guys, it means a lot to hear from forum members/brothers. Haven't been able to pick-up my daughter or see my wife, but have been in contact and all is well with them. The school is basically under controlled chaos right now with traumatized parents pick-up their possibly traumatized child, so my wife said it was best for me to avoid the school's campus(they were allowed to go back to campus about 2pm EST). I hope the legal system does the right thing, not the PC thing, but I realize that is a long reach. Having my family come home safe after a situation like this makes/allows you to appreciate them all the more.

1965 Ranchero 66G likes this.
  7. Basstrix

Basstrix In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

Glad your wife and kid are unharmed and glad the victim has only an ankle injury.

8. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive Unubtanium Member

Glad your daughter and wife are safe, at least they got him before it turned into another massacre.

9. Jeff B

Jeff B In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

Good to hear your family is OK.

10. Huevos

Huevos In Maximum Overdrive

Great news your family is AOK,
    What do you bet the shooter was off his meds?

FordR500GT and 1965 Ranchero 66G like this.
  11. cbolt

cbolt In Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Glad to hear your loved ones are okay. Crazy world we live in, huh?

12. FordR500GT

Just saw the news today, shooter was arrested but not yet charged. Another kid also died in El Paso during one of those walkouts. He tried crossing the freeway after straying from the group and was struck by an F-150

13. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

He should have been in school rather than out playing Frogger.

14. FordR500GT

Protesting.... Gets nothing done...

15. aquartlow

Of course it is the individual that causes the issue, if only the punishment would supersede the act, then I believe this type of nonsense would be a lessened occurrence. I have guns, I have yet to have them go off on their own, shoot anyone/anything or even reload themselves(wouldn't mind for them to thoroughly clean themselves though). Make the punishment much worse than the crime and a lot of what's wrong with our society goes away or it will at least be better for the rest of the law abiding public. IMO anyway.

1965 Ranchero 66G and FordR500GT like this.
  16. 1978GT

1978GT In Fourth Gear GOLD MEMBER

17. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER SILVER MEMBER

This is to easy for students to carry weapons in a school , Metal detectors and Wands to detect like going on a plane , i'm sure it will slow entrance but if just 1 item is recovered worth the time .to save are children , my stepsisters nephew goes to the same school as Todds kids , GOD BLESSED the day for only a minor injury , Should Not Be Any INJURYS !!!!!!

FordR500GT likes this.
  18. Oculto

Oculto In Second Gear GOLD MEMBER SILVER MEMBER

I'm so sorry this happened. Thank goodness your family is safe. I work in a school also and the fear of this happening is very real. Prayers for you and your family.

19. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I'm on the same page as you andrewok1. It seems like adding metal detectors of some sort would be a very good idea.

20. FordR500GT

Yeah, makes more sense than trying to ban guns. Black markets would go crazy.