side windows still leaking,, help

Discussion in 'Ranchero Tech Reference & Articles' started by sonig, Jan 29, 2013.

1. sonig

sonig In First Gear

1974 ranchero, the new window rubber came with the car, do not know if it is on right, or even it is the right ones for the car,,leaks bad,,does anyone have a pic of what it looks like on and off the car..and is there any tricks putting it on if it is the right one,,.thanks.. :confused:

2. parts4me

parts4me In Maximum Overdrive

Are you sure your windows are aligned right? Do they fit snuggly with the seals?

3. ramair428cjxr7

ramair428cjxr7 In Overdrive

Side Windows

check old posts i think there is more involved then just screwing new rubber on was car repainted did u take channel out or just rubber i think u need seam filler or something inbetween body and the metal channel that holds weatherstrip

4. sonig

sonig In First Gear

does the window go up into the rubber or rest outside the rubber,,,,and yes the car had a re paint, i got it like this..

5. *RD*

*RD* In Maximum Overdrive

If you got your weather stripping from Dearborn classics like me it's just how they are. I have tried countless times to get them to seal but have had no such luck. Good thing my car lives in a garage.

6. inenidok

inenidok In Overdrive

well i was thinking on getting mine there but i found out here in Oklahoma city at obsolete parts they make the weather stripping there and felt with chrome trim little higher then dearborn but better quality, been buying all my stuff there since i tried to order some stuff from dearborn and everything was on back order, and other customers there was also complaining how dearborn has went down hill in the past few years

7. parts4me

parts4me In Maximum Overdrive

Do they have a website? I'd like some of teh window felt with the chrome on it.

8. *RD*

*RD* In Maximum Overdrive

Also let me add I had no issues with the window fuzzies that were included in their weather strip kit. The only thing I remember when I ordered the kit was the fuzzies were on back order and they were the last weather stripping part I received from them. They are also the Crome ones like the car had from the factory.