SilBlade wipers from Amazon

Discussion in 'Seller Feedback' started by Clark, Feb 8, 2022.

1. Clark

Clark In Maximum Overdrive

I ordered SilBlade premium wipers from Amazon for the wife's 2012 Ford Edge. The first 26" wiper came in a package that had already been opened and the plastic clip was gone.

I complained to Amazon and they are sending a free replacement BUT the wipers actually come from a sorry outside vendor.

Luckily Amazon honors their returns.

2. plumcolr

plumcolr In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

They do. honor their returns. Had a problem with an outside vendor sending me the wrong oil filters. Amazon refunded and apparently gave vendor hell for trying to cheat by substituting part worth 1/3 the price.

3. 1978GT

1978GT In Fourth Gear GOLD MEMBER

Just put new Michelin blades (about $8 each at Walmart) on my 78. Even though Ford and virtually all the aftermarket suppliers call out 16" blades, the 18" blades give better coverage and fit very well.

4. Clark

If using SilBlades, buy the more expensive Premium versions and not the cheaper FL Flex models. I had a Flex come apart when installing, would not wipe correctly afterwards, and ended up sending them back to Amazon.

5. Basstrix

Basstrix In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

I'm curious how well the premium blades would do here in AZ. I usually just get the michelins and replace them every season. My truck mostly lives outside, so the poor thing takes a beating.

6. Clark

Colorado is darned dry with temperature extremes. My last set of Silblades - not the premium set - lasted 7 years.

7. Basstrix

Hmmm, I see they have a 5 year warranty....if they make it 3 years, I'd come out ahead.

8. Basstrix

I need wipers on my truck, so I bought a pair of 22" premiums. Seems like they were at a good price...just over $17 each. That's not even 2x what the ones I usually put on cost.