Sold vehicle no longer mine

Discussion in 'General Ranchero Help' started by 62restomod, May 5, 2019.

1. Saff54

Saff54 In Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Yikes! That bad brother?nothing you want to tackle?

2. 62restomod

62restomod In Third Gear BRONZE MEMBER

Man it is bad! there is a whole lot of wiring hacks and splices going to nowhere I can fix all the electrical but the rest is going to be a farm out I think. I really don't think its worth keeping
    Right strut rod is adjustable Left side fixed battery was mover to the left side and there is a big hole cut in the R inner fender patched with a old road sign
    May be a crusher !

3. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive Unubtanium Member

Well that sounds like a dream crusher, sorry you got taken, any recourse. ?

4. Saff54

Saff54 In Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

That sucks,I was excited for you,wasn’t what I expected to hear from you once you had it in your possession,unscrupulous people suck,I really feel for ya,anything you can do?lemon law?in Massachusetts if you can’t get an inspection sticker the seller has to take it back?

5. Doc76251

Doc76251 In Fourth Gear

Damn dude that sux. I rarely ever say this but....... I actually feel bad not only for you but the shape of the car.

Cheers,

Doc

6. 62restomod

I do not think there is any recourse. It most likely would cost more than what it is worth. plus usually its buyer beware!
    Plus it came from So Cal.
    Good news is I am able to unload it to somebody that has a shop and a few employees who have done work on other projects. I was up front on what was wrong with it and he still wants it.
    A big hit it the pocket book, got it sold for less that 1/4 what i paid for it.
    I think it is going to be much cheaper taking a loss on it than trying to make it right.
    Maybe the next on will be better and a Public reminder always look before you buy! Never,Never take someone's word for it and what they think is a treasure is most likely JUNK until proven other wise

7. Doc76251

Doc76251 In Fourth Gear

At least it is only money. You can make more of that. It sucks but in the grand scheme of things, money is cheap. The lesson, priceless.

Cheers,

Doc

8. 62restomod

Yea, the CEO ( Chief Economic Officer ) is not too pleased at this point . She may get over it
    Make more money? Ha! retired life ! My allowance has been cut off .

9. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

OUCH ! Tough love lesson 569 got you. Never buy a car without inspecting it in person or hiring a reliable appraisal guy to check it for you. Just sold two cars to a guy from Sweden. He wanted them bad enough to fly over and inspect them in person. He had been bitten just like you. I got burnt on a 72 Ranchero from SoCal years ago, that car might as well have come from a Northern state considering how much hidden rust it had. Don't let this fiasco ruin your love of old cars, learn how to be picky in your next search.

1965 Ranchero 66G likes this.
  10. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

At the very least there are a few of us that have the ability to inspect a car, and I've done it a few times myself for a fellow member on Fullsizebronco com.

11. 62restomod

I know better with inspecting a vehicle but my love of the vehicle got the better of me. I had seen it on Ebay on bid and passed on it and then I decided to try bidding a little later at the last min. of bidding and lost out on the bid. I got a notification from the seller if I wanted the vehicle because winning bidder failed to pay.
    So I jumped on it and now I am sorry , should of let it slide

12. handy_andy_cv64

That smacks of underhanded selling. It's why I won't buy via ePay, even if I had money.

Freestyle Don likes this.
  13. Freestyle Don

Freestyle Don In Third Gear BRONZE MEMBER

PayPal is a pretty safe way to pay. They have settled a couple of issues I had, as a buyer.

14. 62restomod

Yea ! Paypal is good but the unfortunate thing is it became a private sale since the bidding ended

15. handy_andy_cv64

Even with PP, I just think that the 'seller' is pulling a fast one, perhaps a backhand way of shilling the bidding?

16. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive Unubtanium Member

At the very least you should leave a scathing comment on the seller's site just to warn future buyers.

17. 62restomod

I have been trying leave feed back but having difficulties with leaving it
    The seller had 100% good feed back , that's why I bought it unseen.
    Trying to leave feed back about the seller cannot find a link.
    It became a private sale after auction ran out Ebay has no link for feed back

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  18. colnago

colnago In Overdrive

Then buy something else from him, just so you have a link to a sale, then blast him for the car.

Joseph

19. 62restomod

I was able to leave a message on the ebay community

Saff54 and colnago like this.