Source for Manifold Vacuum?

Discussion in 'Ranchero Tech Help' started by colnago, Feb 4, 2019.

1. colnago

colnago In Fourth Gear

Stupid question time. I want to use a vacuum gauge to tune the carb and timing. But my Autolite 2100 only has a timed vacuum source. No biggie, I can use the port under the carb where the PCV goes. Man, that sucker is huge! :eek: No, none of my adapters neck down from huge to small. So, is there an adapter I can get from AutoZone? Is there another port I could/should use? Tranny port, maybe? No brake booster.

Joseph

2. PonyExpressRider

PonyExpressRider In Overdrive

looks like you should have vacuum port on the back of the intake... looks like timing vacuum coming from back there

Attached Files:

• 289.jpg
      289.jpg
      File size:
      231.2 KB
      Views:
  3. pmrphil

pmrphil In Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

tranny port will work just fine

4. Doc76251

Doc76251 In Third Gear

I'm gun shy as hell about anything coming from the trany as I had trany fluid in all my vacuum lines due to a blown vacuum modulator. On my 77 I have a tree on the fire wall that I plugged into for a permanently mounted vacuum gauge. That said I also took Beerbellies idea and plumbed my trany vacuum line into my main vacuum line so if that modulator blows again it won't get everywhere. To do that I went to Advance Auto and they have an assortment pack of reducing tees in the "Dorman Help!" section. $4.98 for the pack to get the 3/8 - 1/4 - 3/8 reducing T. Now I have lots of T's but cant find my pack of vacuum caps:(

Cheers,

Doc

5. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I went to redo the vacuum on mine, and I had the opposite problem...caps out my ears but any Ts that could work? I might as well invent a time machine to go back to the '90s and get what I needed from there.