Spindle

Discussion in 'General Ranchero Help' started by RickMc, Nov 9, 2019 at 9:32 AM.

1. RickMc

RickMc In First Gear

Looking for the left side spindle for my 1978 Ranchero. Does anyone have info on different years or models that will fit? Thanks

2. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

The intermediate car spindles are pretty much the same, but '77-'79 Ranchero and LTD II, T-Bird and Cougar are all the same. You should post a 'wanted' thread in the ad section.

3. RickMc

RickMc In First Gear

The only after market I could find are pintos and mustang 2's. Thought there would be more available parts but finding it is more difficult. Ill try posting. Thanks for the help. More to come|

4. handy_andy_cv64

There is a late '70s Cougar at the Roosevelt U-Pull-It in San Antonio, TX. It's listed on www.row52.com, which helps put parts seekers together with parts pullers who can pull, package and ship a spindle, after the two of you agree on prices.

5. handy_andy_cv64

Go to that website, and follow the directions to talk with a parts puller.

6. RickMc

RickMc In First Gear

Interesting concept,maybe for future items. Took your advice and posted on parts wanted. Another member came through, he had one and found one on ebay. Turns out I'm a short drive from the ebay seller, french lake auto salvage, looks like they have a whole car for parts so a good lead. Thanks again.

7. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER SILVER MEMBER

yea , he has the whole car for parts ,have fun shopping /And y

8. handy_andy_cv64

Grab what you can, even if it hurts the wallet. I got to do that last year, and still kick myself for what I left behind.

9. RickMc

RickMc In First Gear

My thoughts as well, going to grab what looks good. Maybe post some things as well, help some others out.Its getting hard finding items for these cars. Dropped car off for interior work today, if anyone is in Minnesota check out Premier Auto Upholstery. Solid dudes, great work!

10. handy_andy_cv64

Yeah, I grabbed a bunch of stuff (only one of the Unobtainium front turn signal units, though...the other was broken). The bezels, grille, front bumper overriders, nose piece, reman distributor, passenger door, taillights, and other stuff. I needed the bumpers but they were too rusted for my friend and I to get undone, and we were running out of time.