Spring Ranchero Roundup

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by cbolt, Nov 30, 2017.

1. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

Yeah, you know how them "redheaded stepchild" troublemakers are, we need room to create havoc :D

2. cbolt

cbolt In Fourth Gear SILVER MEMBER

Depending on what time we get there we could park together. Its a huge infield area.

3. cbolt

I haven't got a reply from the event yet regarding club parking. Hopefully ill hear something by the end of the day. In the meantime for anyone coming in from out of town and wanting to stay over there are plenty of hotels in the immediate area of the speedway, but I have no idea if they have vacancies. An alternate suggestion is to book a room in Palm Coast, which is close to my house and about 30 min drive to the speedway. The advantage to staying close to where I live is we could all drive to the event together, perhaps have a cookout or some such thing at my house, and things like that. Anyone planning to drive in and stay over in the area let me know what you prefer.

4. cbolt

I finally received an email from someone named "Stinky" who is snail-mailing me the forms for club parking. Between now and when I get the forms I need to know how many folks have cars registered or plan to? Personally, I have 2 registered and Andy has 1. Hope to get more than 3.....

Let me know!

5. As Is '66

Yes @cbolt I hope so too...
    But then again., I always hope to see more than a couple Rancheros, at any RancheroUSA gathering of members...
    We have mustered up a bevy of beauties at our gathering for Ranchero 50th anniversary @ Carlisle All FORDS Show...
    6 has been our largest number to show up so far for our 12 Southeastern RancheroUSA Roundups...

I hope these "Florida Roundups" take flight,
    D

6. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER GOLD MEMBER

I GOT A REPLY FROM 1 GUY ON THE TORINO SITE

7T9_Tbird

cbolt likes this.
  7. cbolt

Well we are a third of the way there already 66, so that is something I guess. What we need to boost our attendance is some good stories from this one I bet.

8. cbolt

So that makes
    Andy: 1
    Jim: 2
    Mystery torino site guy: ?1?

9. andrewok1

Mystery torino guy = John Martin 1 car

10. cbolt

Cool. Do you know if Mr. Martin registered for the show?

11. As Is '66

Can`t count my Bike, but I`ll be there as a RancheroUSA member & Ranchero Roundup supporter :D ;)

cbolt likes this.
  12. cbolt

your bike may not be allowed into the show area, I don't know. Regardless we hope you can make it and we can meet some of our club.

13. cbolt

Okay, here is the dealy-O....

We have options as to where we park if we choose to do so as a club. For every 4 cars the cost is $20 for club parking. If anyone has been before, the club parking areas are near turn 4 (most of the really big clubs go there) or along Lake Lloyd, which would put us on the road that leads from the general show car parking west towards the car corral. Lots of exposure there. There is other club parking, inside the playground area, but it is more expensive at $25 for 5 cars. What we would get is a club sign which would designate our club parking, and that's about it. We would have to have a person there early to hold our spots even though we have a sign. They say they would help, but it would be up to us. So, the question is do we have enough interest to pay for a couple (2 I would think) reserved spots, or would we rather pocket our money, meet up ahead of time, and drive in together thereby giving us free parking adjacent to each other?

Feb 26 is the deadline for club parking reservations, so I kinda need an answer asap so we can get a spot if we decide that's what we want to do.

Oh yeah, and if Andy is gathering Torino guys, will they be okay parking in front of a Ranchero.US sign?

I'm game for whatever.

14. Akroencke

Akroencke In First Gear

Is this just a rancheros event? Are is it with another car show?

15. andrewok1

16. cbolt

It is a huge car show with all kinds of cars on display. What I am trying to do is get a parking area for our rancheros.... and maybe a stray torino or two. So far the only confirmed cars are mine and Andy's. I am hoping to get more interest, at least a get together to kick some tires, eat some wings, and meet folks, cars or not.

17. Akroencke

Akroencke In First Gear

My ranchero is up is north, but I winter in Sebring and I am thinking of coming to the event. I have heard of the event. I also try to make to B-J at Palm Beach while I am here

cbolt likes this.
  18. As Is '66

Yessiree, I feel your enthusiasm, mister!!
    We started doing this same thing 13 years ago :D
    Ann & I have logged many miles & hours to met some very good people in doing so also...
    In hopes of increasing membership attendance Southeastern RancheroUSA Roundup tagged teamed with the annual ALL FORDS Show Shindig @ The Moonshine Fest in Dawsonville, GA in October...Securing parking spots, furnishing coffee, a little food & drinks & providing security during the show for attendees...
    Through the years we`ve had folks from FL, AL, GA, SC, NC & VA show up...
    We are blessed with the friendships made over these years...
    Keep at it!!
    This could become a large gathering for RancheroUSA members...
    Prayer lifted for success,
    D

I can bring a little something for the grill too :D

19. As Is '66

Sebring???
    You`re wintering in my hometown!!!

20. cbolt

With the current interest and confirmations I would say the plan at this time is to meet up and arrive together so we can park close to one another. That would be a party right there. The show "closes" at 5pm each day so my thoughts are from there we can all ride to a local place for bbq, wings, suds, whatever. I don't have a lot of parking at my house but that can be an option as well. I can clear my driveway and fit 4 cars without much difficulty.